Python Forum
choosing a GUI library
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
choosing a GUI library
i understand that this is a decision i must make for myself. i want to start the process of learning enough about how each is used by seeing example code. but these examples need to be intended as examples and focus on specific features. then i can start by adding on to the examples. if they a truly written as examples, my add-ons will make them not be recognizable as what they were before.

things i do want to examine include:

1. how a portion of the window can be written to display some pixels. think of a window that has text to describe an object or person, has buttons to take specific action, and shows a picture of that object or person.

2. how the main loop can be woken up to handle incoming data buffers from a network TCP connection, SCTP session, or UDP association (this activity using the usual system interfaces except the Python equivalent of poll() or select() which are the places of network waiting that would freeze a GUI app). how to wait for one event from any of many interfaces is a classic issue with interfaces that must involve waiting for something. threads are not an instant solution as the code must now include thread events.

> PyQT5
describe how PyQT5 handles numbers 1 and 2 above.
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.

Messages In This Thread
choosing a GUI library - by Skaperen - Oct-15-2021, 05:04 PM
RE: choosing a GUI library - by Sran012 - Oct-17-2021, 08:45 AM
RE: choosing a GUI library - by Yoriz - Oct-17-2021, 09:06 AM
RE: choosing a GUI library - by Skaperen - Oct-17-2021, 07:09 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [PyQt] Need help choosing threading method Oolongtea 5 2,644 Nov-03-2022, 03:44 PM
Last Post: deanhystad