Python Forum
Seeking Advice: Multiple workstations for one project
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seeking Advice: Multiple workstations for one project
(Oct-16-2016, 07:09 PM)mfayler Wrote: Do you work on multiple work stations for your projects? I suppose this would be the same as having a team work on one project.

Is Github my best route? Obviously the file paths on my mac and PC won't be the same so I'm trying to see if Github or another site/program will host my raw data files.
I initially learned and used github for this sole purpose. It makes it really easy to work on multiple computers. For example, ill make a program to work in linux, upload to github, then pull from a windows desktop 2 feet away, test it to make sure it works in windows OK, etc. The same if i upload my code from my desktop to my repo...then take my netbook and have access to it, etc. 

Also by using it you'll start to learn git and and its other features that make it crucial if you plan on working with others in the future. Even features by yourself are useful.
Recommended Tutorials:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Seeking Advice: Multiple workstations for one project - by metulburr - Oct-17-2016, 12:10 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  seeking names for my functions Skaperen 0 1,078 Sep-25-2022, 10:56 PM
Last Post: Skaperen
  March Madness - Please give advice on my project thought PrasadPython 2 2,527 Mar-20-2019, 12:59 AM
Last Post: PrasadPython
  SEEKING BETA TESTERS W/ PYTHON EXPERIENCE ltarshis 0 1,722 Feb-19-2019, 06:24 PM
Last Post: ltarshis