Python Forum
installing any package= impossible headache
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
installing any package= impossible headache
So I want to make animation move to the beat of music, viewable on youtube. I figure I need to mess with mp4 etc stuff so I guess I need pymovie. I downloaded the source which 7zipped to a folder "moviepy-0.2.3.2". I paste this folder into c:\mypy where all my horse shit programs are. import moviepy doesn't work of course. So I notice that folder has a sub folder "moviepy" inside it. I copy that out of it and place that in c:\mypy. Pasted in some random code example I found, says "no m odule named tqdm". So maybe my copy pasting the folder didn't install it "correctly". So I look how do you install moviepy. You have to open the command prompt, the thing that never works, ever. This page shows 3 possible lines starting with (sudo).
https://zulko.github.io/moviepy/install.html
Just finding the stupid command prompt is a pain cuz I never use it, figuring out how to type cd etc to change directory, ugh. Anyway, I type each stupid line in c:\Users\user, I mean if it even matters which folder you're in when you type this crap, I don't know. It says "pip was unexpected at this time" and "python was unexpected at this time". So I navigate to c:\mypy\moviepy-0.2.3.2 and try, all give same useless errors. I try c:\mypy\moviepy, same useless errors. So in conclusion, like always, anyone else's package/code is totally unusable. I managed to successfully install pygame one time at least. At least this doesn't use the total joke "wheel files" which when I last tried, you seriously needed to install something to open a wheel file and that thing to install WAS a wheel file, so you need it to open itself, some sort of whimsical joke played on all who try to use it. So how the hell do you use this shit, is it even possible? Is it supposed to be easy, or are the creators of these things playing jokes on us. I mean, I like programming, you know, programming, the part you can sometimes reach after you navigate the maze of, like, meta-cruft. I mean you can't program if you can't even set up anything so it works right.

Messages In This Thread
installing any package= impossible headache - by ineedastupidusername - Nov-02-2017, 02:41 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  trouble installing python package Tuxedo 1 3,295 Apr-07-2021, 09:07 AM
Last Post: Larz60+
  Installing package in Anaconda on an Intranet Computer Secret 1 1,963 Sep-17-2020, 02:16 PM
  Error when installing Seaborn package using pip chawkins 3 5,640 Jul-16-2018, 12:12 AM