Python Forum
Which version of python goes well with tkinter?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which version of python goes well with tkinter?
Not having any success with wxpython phoenix. demo.py wont run. It complains that wx isn't installed. The README files suggest running python but that is linked to 2.7x so i have been running python3 but still not getting anywhere.
Just did it again but here is what I got
python3.6 ./demo.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./demo.py", line 3, in <module>
    import Main
  File "/home/norman/programming/python/wxpython/wxPython-4.0.0b2/demo/Main.py", line 61, in <module>
    import wx
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'wx'
I have tried using pip3 and I have version 9.0.1 installed but the script still fails and tells me I am running pip version 8.1.1
Quote:Command "/usr/bin/python3 -u -c "import setuptools, tokenize;__file__='/tmp/pip-build-hde6hd9b/wxPython/setup.py';exec(compile(getattr(tokenize, 'open', open)(__file__).read().replace('\r\n', '\n'), __file__, 'exec'))" install --record /tmp/pip-930y_3pe-record/install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --compile" failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-build-hde6hd9b/wxPython/
You are using pip version 8.1.1, however version 9.0.1 is available.
You should consider upgrading via the 'pip install --upgrade pip' command.
I think I will just stick with tkinter until I can install from the repositories.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which version of python goes well with tkinter? - by Barrowman - Jan-02-2018, 09:08 AM