Python Forum
Suggestion need to migrate from pyrhonanywhere
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestion need to migrate from pyrhonanywhere
I have created an app using pythonaywhere but wish to migrate to another host as pythonanywhere service for cron jobs (schedule tasks) is sub standard. They slow down the schedule tasks which a normal 30 minutes completion task need to take up to 8 hours to complete in schedule tasks. It used to be about 2 hours which I still can tolerate but now it is too slow for my job and they do not entertain me that paid USD 12 a month

I want to know which other host that is easiest for me to move from pythonanywhere and below USD 10 or affordable. As we know pythonanywhere is simple to develop, host without the needs to set up libraries.

What I currently do in pythonanyhwre.
1. download and computation for stocks data
2. store in MySQL
3. use Flask to create api for the MySQL and I can access the api.

The main requirements is I need to run 15 cron jobs and it suppose to be as fast as running in console/terminal.

main libraries in pandas/numpy

I am not sure if I need a VPS or just a host. I try to find services like DigitalOcean but has no ideas how to setup so that I can just copy my code from pythonanywhere.

Please suggest the easiest way.

Thanks

Messages In This Thread
Suggestion need to migrate from pyrhonanywhere - by bkcollection - Jan-08-2018, 01:20 PM