Python Forum
To keep electronics on or off for longevity
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To keep electronics on or off for longevity
My main question is for a LED LCD TV.

I usually keep all my electronics on 100% of the time. Computers, TVs, monitors, etc.

A couple of months ago, we turned off our TV and it wouldnt come back on (a 7 year old LED TV). WE quickly tried flipping the power button, and it came back on. So we just left it on. So a couple of weeks ago my wife accidentally turned it off and it never came back on. My first thought was a blown capacitor. So i checked the panels, and didnt see any damage to any of the capacitors. Then i deemed at that point the power supply must be the problem. So i ordered a whole new power supply board. Replaced it and nothing. Then we decided its not worth putting more money into than just putting it into a new TV. So we just bought a new TV.

Now i am wondering on how to avoid that same thing to this new TV.

We did leave the TV on 100% for all those 7 years. But i did set the contrast and brightness down to midrange beforehand. But if you turn the TV off the power supply is still getting power. In theory to truly remove power from the TV every night you would have to unplug it as the power supply still receiving power with it off.

I am just trying to get figure out how to extend the life of the TV to its max. I hate buying expensive items.
Recommended Tutorials:

Messages In This Thread
To keep electronics on or off for longevity - by metulburr - Jan-11-2018, 12:58 PM