Python Forum
To keep electronics on or off for longevity
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To keep electronics on or off for longevity
Im quite curious if the constant power to the power board, deteriorates components in the board at a faster rate. Or if the act of turning them on so frequently would cause less/more damage. I wonder how i could test which theory is true.

Quote:The best solution is to use a UPS, or a cheaper alternative would be a surge protector
I do have all my electronics on surge protectors, but maybe a UPS would be a good idea in conjunction with it.

Quote:your not going to defeat the 'planned obsolescence' built into just about every product made today.
A monitor has less required than a TV right? It doesnt have a motherboard on it. I have fixed my monitor's capacitors twice in 10 years. That seems to be the only issue with my monitors. Whereas my TV has more expensive fixes.

My TV setup is actually just a second monitor. I watch TV only online. I dont use the coaxial as i dont have cable, and i only use HDMI's for input for the computers to make it a second monitor for each computer. Then i just move all TV "windows" to the TV from the computer. The surround system is hooked to my linux sound.

So I should just be buying 50 inch monitor then, not a TV. Think
Recommended Tutorials:

Messages In This Thread
RE: To keep electronics on or off for longevity - by metulburr - Jan-11-2018, 06:33 PM