Python Forum
example of multiprocess piping
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
example of multiprocess piping
i'm looking for example code that can run two or more subprocesses that each periodically output data at different random times over separate pipes with the parent process (without threads) reading them as they are output, and knowing which pipe they are coming from, or doing something similar enough to derive this kind of thing.

any suggestions such as search terms to get this kind of thing out of google?
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
What's the name of your book?
This sounds like something you might find in the python cookbook,
programming python, or perhaps https://pymotw.com/3/
well, i hope it is at that website. i have a hard time reading physical books and other things that size such as kindles and notebooks. a laptop works fine for reading. mine runs ubuntu linux.
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
Yea,

I wish O'Reilly would break the Lutz books into two volumes each.
Tim Oreilly, authored at least one, and got his start as a publisher from the set of X
books back in the 1980's they were big and fat, broken into volumes, but still too fat

The PYMOTW is one of my favorite sites, not a book and well indexed. Maintained by
Doug Hellmann author of 'The Python Standard Library by Example' (totally worth buying).
There are two sites, one for Python 2.7 for the diehards, and another for Python 3.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  multiprocess hang when certain number is used in the program esphi 7 3,114 Nov-06-2020, 03:49 PM
Last Post: esphi
  prometheus in multiprocess code georgelza 4 3,870 Jan-21-2020, 05:13 PM
Last Post: georgelza
  When piping a FFMPEG stream to PyAudio, I get a "click" on every loop klehman 0 4,786 Dec-15-2019, 04:22 AM
Last Post: klehman
  Multiprocess not writing to file DreamingInsanity 4 7,842 Dec-07-2019, 03:10 PM
Last Post: DreamingInsanity
  help with multiprocess concept kiyoshi7 2 2,444 Aug-10-2019, 08:19 PM
Last Post: kiyoshi7
  silly piping Skaperen 1 3,248 Nov-07-2016, 06:35 PM
Last Post: nilamo
  multiprocess passing multiple arguments double asterisk pic8690 1 5,225 Oct-23-2016, 08:51 AM
Last Post: Skaperen