Python Forum
Searching help to learn programming
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Searching help to learn programming
Hello guys,
I wanted to start learning programming.
After 4 weeks i discovered i would never get it alone...
I really really want to program but learning it by myself without any knowledge.
It would be nice to find somebody who can help me to get through the general knowledge.
So in general I'm just looking for a teacher. Smile
Hi! Welcome to Python forum ;)
You made an excellent choice, to start learning programming, hi5!
From what you've written I feel that you might be a bit afraid of going into programming on your own. If that's the case, I can say it was same with me. And I can also say that you have nothing to worry about, you already have all you need to succeed. Which is your own motivation and countless resources online, including this awesome forum ;)
Python has no "self destruct" button or any other dangers like that, except perhaps using "Learning Python the Hard Way" book as your guide. Anything else is fine, you can start with this tutorial: http://www.afterhoursprogramming.com/tut...roduction/ or any other from hundreds you can pick from. And if you haven't set your Python environment up yet, you can start with this https://www.tutorialspoint.com/python/py...onment.htm.
After covering a few steps of learning, your curiosity and goals (surely you know WHY you want to learn programming, or WHAT you want to program, right?) will drive you forward to experimentation and working on your own projects. Seriously, I haven't heard of anyone, who wanted to learn programming (even on his own), and not achieving some degree of success. And as said, if something doesn't go well, Internet (Google, forum, documentation...) is available for assistance.
Good luck and may the source be with you ;)

Oh and as for the teacher... Python tutors are surely available for hire. But you will save money and learn much more if you learn on your own (which, of course, includes asking online for help, when you need it). You can take it from countless peoples' experience ;)
(Nov-29-2016, 10:43 AM)louiseclaeys Wrote: just looking for a teacher
I think you'll get more out of leveraging the forum than looking for an individual. Simply ask any questions you have here* and you'll get replies faster than if you have to rely on one person, and you'll get the added benefit that we can check each other :)

* Make sure to use code tags, include full error messages, and short but runnable snapshots of code that represents your problem, of course.
Also, get a book. Plenty of Python books for beginners. The book will show you things you never thought existed.
Unless noted otherwise, code in my posts should be understood as "coding suggestions", and its use may require more neurones than the two necessary for Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V.
Your one-stop place for all your GIMP needs: gimp-forum.net
There are free e-books offered every day at https://www.packtpub.com/packt/offers/free-learning
Often these are python books. Today's book is 'Go Programming Blueprints'

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please help a newbie choose which programming language to learn. yeto 2 3,503 Feb-25-2019, 12:56 AM
Last Post: yeto