Python Forum
Learning path - project in python 3
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Learning path - project in python 3
Good morning all,

Ok, so I have some programming experience with different languages (albeit nothing I'd even consider intermediate) but I'm now looking to nail one language and do it well, python 3 is my choice.

My primary question is to ask for recommendations on the most effective and relevant learning path - as I work full time and am expecting my second child this year, time is limited hence the need for an efficient learning path as opposed to flicking between the odd tutorial not knowing where to go next.

So, here is the first thing I'd like to achieve and to use as a real world project to learn.

1. Using a raspberry pi - my first project would be a HD cctv system for my house in which it records to a web server (including audio).
2. Following on from my pi project, I want to create a web based or android app with multiple logins so I can review recordings as well as view a live stream of the cameras as well as deleting after x amount of days to free up storage on the server as well as export the recordings to store locally should I need to.

My requirement here (if advisable) would to be to try and avoid using packages from other people - I want to learn this language in depth and not rely on other people's packages to create things as down the line I want to create new things that aren't out there in which there will potentially be no packages for what I want to do.

I'm happy to not jump into the cctv side of things instantly if there is a different path recommended to me but that is my ultimate goal for now.

I learn by creating things and working on projects so some project based learning would avoid making this a boring journey.

My ideal response would be...

1. Learn this to setup the camera - link
2. Learn this to stream video and audio to a cloud server for storage. Link to tutorials.
3. Learn this to create an app and interact with a cloud server securely to pull recordings

...etc.

A long thread for what maybe a simple question but I like to be detailed and clear.

Any responses which provide me with a clear and solid learning path will be received with great appreciation as this will stop me from spending hours trying to research what path I need to take.

Also happy to provide yes or no answers on my current capabilities - I'd list them here but many maybe irrelevant to what i'm about to undertake.

If you got this far, thanks for taking the time to read this!

James

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with learning path xmendizabal 3 2,016 Feb-19-2020, 09:38 PM
Last Post: Jan_97