Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updating existing Py app
I am a JR .NET developer and have only a couple hours of basic Python training. I have been tasked with updating an existing py application. In the code snippit below I have added the green to the existing function. I have 2 questions. Does there look like any potential errors with my added snippet? And now that the change is made how to I push this to the executable? I am definitely more concerned with saving it to the exe. Confused

def additem():

results=msSQL.query("SELECT ID FROM TradePulse.dbo.chainauth WHERE ID='{0}';"
                            .format(item_number_entry.get()+LocalDB.settings('chainid')))

ar = results[0]
        [color=#2ECC71]stmt= "SELECT DeletedItemV.Item FROM DeletedItemV LEFT OUTER JOIN ItemV ON (DeletedItemV.Item = ItemV.Item)WHERE ItemV.Item IS NULL"[/color]

if len(ar) > 0:
            root = tk.Tk()
            root.withdraw()
            messagebox.showerror("Chain ID Error", 'Choose a different item number, the entered selected already exists.')

[color=#27AE60]     #  if the item has been deleted and is not active in all warehouses do not allow to add
        if ar == stmt:
            root = tk.Tk()
            root.withdraw()
            messagebox.showerror("Item ID Error", 'Choose a different item number, the entered selected already has been cancelled.')[/color]

if len(ar) == 0:

chain=LocalDB.settings('chainid')
            item=item_number_entry.get()
            altcode=item_retail_entry.get()

if altcode=='AltCode':
                altcode=''

msSQL.queryExecute("INSERT TradePulse.dbo.chainauth (ITEM,CHIND,AltCode,ID) VALUES ({0},'{1}','{2}','{3}');"
                               .format(item,chain,altcode,item+chain))

item_name_txt.set('Item#')
            item_retail_txt.set('AltCode')

item_grid(itemQuery())
Your indentation appears to be incorrect.
After a function (or method) definition (def) code should be indented 4 spaces.
After conditionals an additional 4 spaces and so on.
The indentation was messed up due to how I copy pasted. I only added the green code. The rest was already there and working fine. I was able to find a program to turn my .py into .exe however I think I am over my head when trying to put the program back together.