Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Totally off topic!
Does anyone know what the Microsoft windows process named 'TrustedInstaller' (which I don't trust) does?
If you google it, you usually get an answer like

TrustedInstaller is a process that Windows needs to properly run.
That's like telling me that the scamaford is connected to the dipthong
, or pressing help and getting the message 'If you need help, call your mother'

It seems to always be running, even when you make it a manual service and tell it to stop
I'm not sure, but I imagine if you write a program for Windows and it conforms to their (Windows) specs, for example won't crash the system, plays nice with other programs, etc, you are issued an authentication code to include in your executable (maybe like an md5 or SHA code?) .  If you run the program and "TrustedInstaller" sees the code, it goes ahead and installs.  If not, you get a pop-up saying it can't verify whatever, are you sure you want to continue?

Again, I'm just speculating, but I think that's how it works.  If it doesn't, I will categorically deny ever having written this reply  Angel
If it ain't broke, I just haven't gotten to it yet.
OS: Windows 10, openSuse 42.3, freeBSD 11, Raspian "Stretch"
Python 3.6.5, IDE: PyCharm 2018 Community Edition
Why don't you trust your TrustedInstaller? It's trusted, so you should trust it. How can Microsoft protect your privacy if you don't trust it? Have you considered talking to someone about your trust issues? We can recommend a TrustedTherapist. Just give us your name, your home address, and when you're usually home, and we'll take care of everything. Trust us.
Craig "Ichabod" O'Brien - xenomind.com
I wish you happiness.
Recommended Tutorials: BBCode, functions, classes, text adventures
Quote:Nyuck, Nyuck (Three stooges)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I can't send topic AndrzejB 1 1,824 Nov-23-2019, 06:50 PM
Last Post: buran
  Off topic SQL question Larz60+ 3 2,274 May-08-2019, 09:40 PM
Last Post: Larz60+