Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
international python
has anyone modified Python to accept foreign language translations of keywords so that a Python script can be written entirely in a foreign language?
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
I once wrote a preprocessor using french keywords and translating the source file to english.
Hm! How does it happen a source to be written in a foreign language in the first place? It's strange to me.
"As they say in Mexico 'dosvidaniya'. That makes two vidaniyas."
https://freedns.afraid.org
maybe someone who was born in foobarland and grew up in foobarland and learned to hear, speak, read and write foobarian would be more comfortable learning to program in a programming language which used reserved words that are also in the foobarian language.

let's try this again:

Возможно, кто-то, кто родился в России и вырос в России и научился слышать, говорить, читать и писать по-русски, было бы более удобным обучением программированию на языке программирования, в котором использовались зарезервированные слова, которые также находятся на русском языке.

ok, i cheated and used Google Translate. i hope you see the point by now. maybe you could learn to program in a programming language where all the reserved words are in Serbian.

or maybe Pig-Latin

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
Разбирам те прекрасно, но някак си ми е неестествено. Wink

Это по болгарский.
Я хорошо понимаю русский язык. I think.
"As they say in Mexico 'dosvidaniya'. That makes two vidaniyas."
https://freedns.afraid.org
then i guess we can sign you up to do the Russian version instead of the Bulgarian version.

Как насчет языка программирования на латинском языке?

write one in Esperanto.
Actually, my french version of python had another great feature: it didn't have a dot operator! Instead of writing foo.bar, you could simply write foo bar.

Python doesn't need an explicit dot operator. It suffices to add a dot before each name that is not a keyword and which previous token is a name or a closing delimiter. I told this to Guido Van Rossum in a online discussion, but he didn't answer.
Exchanging keywords with words from another language is totally against i18n.
Then you need a modified Interpreter and all other people who works with this code, also.
Almost dead, but too lazy to die: https://sourceserver.info
All humans together. We don't need politicians!
(Aug-01-2018, 11:22 AM)DeaD_EyE Wrote: Exchanging keywords with words from another language is totally against i18n.
Then you need a modified Interpreter and all other people who works with this code, also.
we might have to change the name of the programming language, too. ... Питон

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there such thing as an international python qualification or certificate? SteampunkMaverick12 1 1,993 Mar-02-2019, 08:28 PM
Last Post: micseydel
  Prediction Herobots - The 1st Biannual International AI Challenge For Students predictionherobots 0 2,066 Nov-29-2018, 06:24 AM
Last Post: predictionherobots