Python Forum
JSON file Loading issue
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JSON file Loading issue
Hi all,

I am getting below error, tried multiple ways, which are available online.
but still i am getting the error. could you please let me what is reason for error.
and how can i fix it.

Code i am running:
import nltk
from nltk.stem.lancaster import LancasterStemmer
import numpy as np
import tflearn
import tensorflow as tf
import random
import json
import string
import unicodedata
import sys

# a table structure to hold the different punctuation used
tbl = dict.fromkeys(i for i in range(sys.maxunicode)
                    if unicodedata.category(chr(i)).startswith('P'))

# method to remove punctuations from sentences.
def remove_punctuation(text):
    return text.translate(tbl)

# initialize the stemmer
stemmer = LancasterStemmer()
# variable to hold the Json data read from the file
data = None

# read the json file and load the training data
with open('D:\\News wype\\Sample_Data.json', 'r', encoding='utf8', errors='ignore') as json_data:
    data = json.load(json_data)
    print(data)
error I am getting:

Error:
File "C:\ProgramData\Anaconda3\lib\json\decoder.py", line 355, in raw_decode obj, end = self.scan_once(s, idx) JSONDecodeError: Invalid \escape
make sure your json file is valid. e.g. https://jsonlint.com/
If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself, Albert Einstein
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way: link and another link
Create MCV example
Debug small programs

Is there a file path in your json file?

Sometimes with Windows it's much less troublesome to just use fwd slashes in your absolute paths... like in Linux.
Hello,

try to change the put like this

D://News wype//Sample_Data.json when you load the data from path in python you need to change the \ with / .
Thanks
@0LI5A3A, it's an old thread but because you necro-post - there is nothing wrong with using double backslash in path - this will escape the backslash in windows path. Basically there are three ways to do it:
  • using raw-string
  • using double backslash, to escape the backaslash and possible escape sequence.
  • using forward slash, like you suggest.

In addition - the traceback show that the file is found (i.e. no problem with path) and there is problem with the content of the file.
If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself, Albert Einstein
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way: link and another link
Create MCV example
Debug small programs

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HELP! Importing json file into csv into jupyter notebook vilsef 2 2,531 Jan-22-2021, 11:06 AM
Last Post: snippsat
  Loading multiple JSON files to create a csv 0LI5A3A 0 2,081 Jun-28-2020, 10:35 PM
Last Post: 0LI5A3A
  Indirectlty convert string to float in JSON file WBPYTHON 6 5,830 May-06-2020, 12:09 PM
Last Post: WBPYTHON
  Help batch converting .json chosen file to MySQL BrandonKastning 2 2,284 Mar-14-2020, 09:19 PM
Last Post: BrandonKastning
  memory issue loading movie to numpy array djf123 1 2,245 Nov-07-2019, 06:19 AM
Last Post: ThomasL
  save my sensor data from the bme680 into a json or csv file Plastefuchs84 1 3,103 Aug-23-2019, 03:04 AM
Last Post: Plastefuchs84
  loading a csv file into python from pandas. Variable is not recognized vijjumodi 2 2,877 Apr-19-2019, 04:09 AM
Last Post: kus
  Merge JSON files prioritizing the updated values from most recent file nebulae 0 2,519 Apr-17-2019, 10:15 AM
Last Post: nebulae
  reading, modifying and writing json file metalray 2 10,883 Jun-06-2018, 03:09 PM
Last Post: metalray
  Issue in getting the required data from nested json and store it in a pandas datafram PrateekG 2 3,276 May-20-2018, 11:25 AM
Last Post: scidam