Python Forum
Guido van Rossum does not care about the opinion of the community.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guido van Rossum does not care about the opinion of the community.
Hi all! I reminded Guido that the project is being developed by a large community and he has no right to decide for everyone.
After that he banned me.
https://twitter.com/kiridu1988/status/10...7580461062
And after that they say that Python is a democratic project. Let everyone see this.
(Sep-13-2018, 07:21 PM)Kirill_Dubovitskiy Wrote: Hi all! I reminded Guido that the project is being developed by a large community and he has no right to decide for everyone.
Guido's title is/was BDFL, which means benevolent DICTATOR for life.
(Sep-13-2018, 09:04 PM)Gribouillis Wrote: Guido's title is/was BDFL, which means benevolent DICTATOR for life.

I live in Russia and I'm fed up with a dictatorship.
I see a dictatorship every day in real life and on the Internet.
Why "Python" can not be a democratic project?
Why can not we vote?
Why can't we listen to the opinions of all developers?
Even here there is no freedom of speech.
You can always make your own langauge and then you would be the BDFL of that and can do whatever you want.
Recommended Tutorials:
I believe that this is exactly the point where a new project should be born, as it was with "Libre Office".
Let the new project be completely apolitical.
Let the new project be managed by a majority and by a vote, and not by one dictator.

Let the new project create a new fast interpreter.
Let the new project use crowdfunding and conclude contracts with commercial companies (money in exchange for the full support of the technologies of these companies out of the box in the standard distribution, and etc).

(Sep-13-2018, 09:31 PM)metulburr Wrote: You can always make your own langauge and then you would be the BDFL of that and can do whatever you want.

You must understand that you are saying this not only to me, but to a huge number of people who disagree with Guido's actions.

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s...05664.html
He wanted to leave even then. But he stayed and creates conflict situations in the project.
(Sep-13-2018, 09:18 PM)Kirill_Dubovitskiy Wrote: Even here there is no freedom of speech.

That's because speech here is not free. It costs money for the domains and the hosting. It costs time to moderate the board and answer questions. Time, I would note, that you have not put in. You have only shown up here to complain about Guido.

Furthermore, speech has consequences. If we let anything be said on these boards, some people would not want to come here, and would not want their kids to come here. That would negatively impact our mission to help people learn Python. So we balance the speech we allow against our mission.
Craig "Ichabod" O'Brien - xenomind.com
I wish you happiness.
Recommended Tutorials: BBCode, functions, classes, text adventures
And also I urge everyone not to use Drupal, Django, CouchDB and other projects where the same or similar situation has arisen.

Completely ignore these projects and do not participate in them.
We must stop the spread of this infection further.

(Sep-13-2018, 10:00 PM)ichabod801 Wrote: That's because speech here is not free. It costs money for the domains and the hosting. It costs time to moderate the board and answer questions. Time, I would note, that you have not put in. You have only shown up here to complain about Guido.

Furthermore, speech has consequences. If we let anything be said on these boards, some people would not want to come here, and would not want their kids to come here. That would negatively impact our mission to help people learn Python. So we balance the speech we allow against our mission.

I understand you perfectly.
But Guido made an unpardonable mistake.
He can not take such decisions alone.
(Sep-13-2018, 10:05 PM)Kirill_Dubovitskiy Wrote: He can not take such decisions alone.
Guido alone took the decision to create Python. It was long time ago and we all benefit from his work. During years in the 90's, there was only a small group of people working with Guido to develop python. I think he has some rights on the language.

Nothing prevents you from forking Python and developing it in your preferred direction, but there are probably many better things to do...
Kirill_Dubovitskiy, you are creating conflict, within yourself, where there is none.
There's plenty to do and learn in Python for your lifetime.
There's many more languages to move to.
There's plenty of room for improvement and seeds you could fork and create your own solutions.

This whole idea about freedom of speech is a farce, a fairy tale. You have no freedom of speech here, on Facebook, Twitter, or even Google. In the USA, where this freedom is so touted, many people forget this freedom only extends to actions by the government, not by private companies or citizens.
Quote:The First Amendment (Amendment I) to the United States Constitution prevents Congress from making any law respecting an establishment of religion, prohibiting the free exercise of religion, or abridging the freedom of speech, the freedom of the press, the right to peaceably assemble, or to petition for a governmental redress of grievances.

Focus on gratitude and this wonderful forum to waste your time and energy on such trivial nonsense. I'm getting back to coding.
Phil
Guido provokes interracial conflicts.

Besides...
I and the rest of the world should not be responsible for what happened in the United States.
Guido shifted responsibility to everyone.

I'm leaving Python.

Bye.

Guido is against black slavery, but is afraid to walk around in black neighborhoods.
What's the matter, Guido?

Any work should be paid, otherwise it is slavery.
When black is helping your project for free, it's slavery, someone brainwashed him.

"Carrot or stick."

It does not matter how the slave-owner makes you work:
1) Coercion, brute physical force.
2) Ideology, religion, etc.

It turns out that your dictator is just a slave-owner.
Guido knows this. He's just trying to legitimize himself. He is an old and wise man.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Microsoft Funds a Team with Guido van Rossum to Double the Speed of Python Larz60+ 0 1,486 May-20-2021, 11:48 PM
Last Post: Larz60+
  Upgrade to python 3 opinion hokie1999 5 2,770 May-11-2021, 06:42 PM
Last Post: hokie1999
  opinion: configparser should have been better Skaperen 8 4,360 Oct-03-2020, 07:23 PM
Last Post: Skaperen
  invitation to an open source community discord server ronblue77 2 2,866 Aug-22-2020, 11:58 AM
Last Post: ronblue77
  Guido van Rossum about starting contributing to CPython buran 0 2,303 Feb-18-2020, 04:44 PM
Last Post: buran
  Guido van Rossum Retires ichabod801 1 3,124 Oct-30-2019, 05:00 PM
  Python community news aggregator sebst 0 1,436 Oct-09-2019, 04:23 PM
Last Post: sebst
  what is your opinion of this syntactic sugar idea? Skaperen 8 4,358 Nov-28-2018, 03:15 AM
Last Post: Skaperen
  MIT Interview with Guido Larz60+ 3 3,284 Nov-27-2018, 10:45 PM
  Community/Team Projects? WuchaDoin 3 3,265 Oct-26-2018, 02:40 AM
Last Post: metulburr