Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weekly top picks
You guys remember way back on the old forum we use to do a weekly "top picks". Meaning every week users (mainly those fluently active on the forum) would present their top pick of the week of anyone's post on the forum that contained a well established response. I remember reading through these top picks while learning and it broadened my horizons as i might not of dove into those subjects before reading such posts. I was wondering if anyone would like to do that again?

The constraints would probably be only those users above 5-50 posts could post to avoid new registrations to cast posts that are subpar to what we are looking for. And anyone could post as seldomly or frequently every week. Meaning you are not required to post a weekly top pick if you dont want to. As well as you could post more than one if you feel that there are more. It could be as simple as a single thread (such as this thread) that is stick'd in Bar. No need to create a new forum for it.
Recommended Tutorials:
Not sure how much I'll participate, but rather than limiting posts right out the gate, I'd let everyone do it and then restrict it the first time an issue comes up, since if we get lucky may not happen for quite a while.
Sure, why not?
I'd like to see a separate post for every week. Like if they are posted on Friday's this week's would be "Top Picks for the Week of 7/5/2019." You could easily find them all with a search, but they would be clearly organized into weeks.

What about voting through likes? One link per post, like the posts linking to what you think are good responses. When the thread get's started for the next week, whichever link has the most likes is the top post of the week.
Craig "Ichabod" O'Brien - xenomind.com
I wish you happiness.
Recommended Tutorials: BBCode, functions, classes, text adventures
That sounds good. But if we have seperate threads, we should probably create a sub forum so they dont pollute another sub forum. I cant think of a good current location that when creating weekly threads will not clog up the current sub forums....thus needing a new one.

Im thinking another sub forum within Board exactly as the Private Inquiries are a sub forum of Board?

EDIT:
Here is an example:
https://python-forum.io/Thread-Week-of-7-5-2019

As a side note. Users <5 posts cannot like posts. They would be able to post, but not cast votes. I forgot exactly why we do not allow registered accounts to not like posts. It might of been spam related, not sure. But if we use likes to cast votes registered users will not be able to vote. Personally im OK with that because usually registered users either are a one time stop, or quickly moved beyond that restriction.
Recommended Tutorials: