Python Forum
[PyGUI] A question
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[PyGUI] A question
Hello everyone. Im sure there is alot of it out there, but i cant simply find it. I cant get the exact word to describe the thing im wondering about, so i will try to explain it.. Im from Norway, so excuse my english :p

The question is; Is there a way to make a PyAutoGUI that recognize color, so say if i want to make it like when something is green, the script moves the mouse and click there its green? Huh

Thanks for taking the time.
So, if I am understanding you correctly, you are wanting to implement something within a GUI interface that identifies the color being displayed and automatically performs a mouse move and click event direct to and upon whatever is identified as being green.

Now I am pretty sure there is nothing standard that would do this -- mainly because code does not recognize color beyond it being a certain binary/hex value -- further you would need to define the area it is to be examining when it needs to identify where one of these numeric values might occur and that means direct involvement/interaction with whatever it is you are examining

Now if I am understanding the reason for why you are wanting to do this you might want to examine screen scrapping and the methodologies used within that technological approach
(Nov-14-2019, 08:15 PM)Denni Wrote: So, if I am understanding you correctly, you are wanting to implement something within a GUI interface that identifies the color being displayed and automatically performs a mouse move and click event direct to and upon whatever is identified as being green.

Now I am pretty sure there is nothing standard that would do this -- mainly because code does not recognize color beyond it being a certain binary/hex value -- further you would need to define the area it is to be examining when it needs to identify where one of these numeric values might occur and that means direct involvement/interaction with whatever it is you are examining

Now if I am understanding the reason for why you are wanting to do this you might want to examine screen scrapping and the methodologies used within that technological approach

Hello, thanks for answering!

Yes, that seems to be connecting to what i mean. I guess i can explain that it would be called a "bot" ?
Like, say you got a timer that goes down from 50sec, and when it hits 0 it says " ready " in green.
I want the mouse to automatic go there and click it, if you understand?

I searched up screen scrapping and that seems to be something with it, so imma try to research around that more.
Thanks!