Python Forum
Programming like a pro: tools for software planning
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Programming like a pro: tools for software planning
Hi,

in the past I used Python mainly for some small applications (all for private purposes).
Now I have something bigger in mind (a kind of home-automation) and I would like to do it a bit more professional.

So far I started coding always "straight away". But now I want to think in advance, how the software-structure/architecture could look like, which releases I should have, etc.
Indeed, I was close to start just by using Libre-Office Write/Impress for this ... but I am wondering: isn't there something in the open-software-world more specialized for thisĀ  Huh

(I am running Arch Linux, Python3, and my editor is Geany)

Thanks in advance for all hints and tips
In the professional world, these things happen in three stages:

1. Requirements are defined. This is plain text and some tables so your best tool is an Office Suite
  2. The "architects" size the required hardware, figure out which software will be used, design the data model (which in most cases is tightly coupled to the database structure). A good deal of this is often done using UML. There are modeling tools that will also produce the DDL (SQL scripts to create the database tables), and stubs for the main classes.
  3. Developers write the code (using IDEs).
Unless noted otherwise, code in my posts should be understood as "coding suggestions", and its use may require more neurones than the two necessary for Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V.
Your one-stop place for all your GIMP needs: gimp-forum.net

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Path Planning prachibhanaria 0 266 Jan-23-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: prachibhanaria
  Boustrophedon path planning proteca 0 610 Jun-24-2023, 02:45 PM
Last Post: proteca
  Choosing animation / simulation tools J_Miller 0 1,011 Apr-18-2022, 07:03 PM
Last Post: J_Miller
  video processing tools sveto4ka 2 1,815 Oct-23-2019, 01:27 PM
Last Post: sveto4ka
  Help with pyGenealogical-Tools (Updated) Matan_ran 5 106,803 Oct-16-2019, 08:48 PM
Last Post: Larz60+