Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AttributeError ?
Good.

Can someone give me a hint how do I treat this o 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'string' ? Because I need to print an error message on the screen.

Att,
João Carlos.
It would help to see the code and the full traceback, but why are you trying to do anything with a None value? If you don't expect it to be None, then work backwards and find out why it is.
I bet if your go to the error line you'll find a "." where it shouldn't be. It's likely a punctuation typo... my guess.
(Mar-09-2020, 07:17 PM)ndc85430 Wrote: It would help to see the code and the full traceback, but why are you trying to do anything with a None value? If you don't expect it to be None, then work backwards and find out why it is.

The code below exemplifies the validation of a string through regular expression. If the string is valid it means that the data is safe and if the string is invalid it means unsafe data that is why I need to handle the error for decision making:

import re

ws_string = '/search?keyword=borracha&qt=20&preço=100,00'

ws_text = re.match(r'^[A-ZÁÀÂÃÇÉÊẼÍÓÔÕÚ a-záàâãçéêẽíóôõú0-9/?=&$.,]{1,99}$', ws_string)

ws_output = ws_text.string

if ws_output == ws_string:
    print('Security Data')
else:
    how to handle the error, because it generates the error quoted in the topic in the terminal ?
re.match returns re.Match if a match is found, else None. None.string returns the message you are seeing.