how to stop console pop-up question?
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
how to stop console pop-up question?
Hello all,

I am a new user to Python (spyder).

When I run my script, which shows a plot figure, the following pop-up :
[Image: Capture.jpg]

is there anyway which I can prevent this pop-up everytime I run(or press F5) on my script?

thank you.
cheers.
It looks like you are trying to run a second process, and its just notifying you that. Have you killed the first process?
Recommended Tutorials:
(Oct-02-2016, 11:42 PM)metulburr Wrote: It looks like you are trying to run a second process, and its just notifying you that. Have you killed the first process?

metalburr,

thanks for the reply.
I simply have a plotted figure open. Then, this message pops up when I try to re-rerun the script.

Is their an auto-command 'kill' I can use to prevent this pop-up?

thanks.
(Oct-02-2016, 11:50 PM)newuser121 Wrote:
(Oct-02-2016, 11:42 PM)metulburr Wrote: It looks like you are trying to run a second process, and its just notifying you that. Have you killed the first process?

metalburr,

thanks for the reply.
I simply have a plotted figure open. Then, this message pops up when I try to re-rerun the script.

thanks.

Are you saying you want two instances of the same script running at the same time? Because that is what the system is assuming you're trying to do. As long as your plot is being displayed, your script is running and will continue to run until you terminate it (for example closing the window).

Or are you saying you have a plot showing and you want to 'update' the display with new information?  If that is the case, it would be helpful to know which graphics module your using and the relevant code you've written to make it happen.
If it ain't broke, I just haven't gotten to it yet.
OS: Windows 10, openSuse 42.3, freeBSD 11, Raspian "Stretch"
Python 3.6.5, IDE: PyCharm 2018 Community Edition
(Oct-03-2016, 01:41 PM)sparkz_alot Wrote:
(Oct-02-2016, 11:50 PM)newuser121 Wrote:

metalburr,

thanks for the reply.

thanks.

Are you saying you want two instances of the same script running at the same time? Because that is what the system is assuming you're trying to do. As long as your plot is being displayed, your script is running and will continue to run until you terminate it (for example closing the window).

Or are you saying you have a plot showing and you want to 'update' the display with new information?  If that is the case, it would be helpful to know which graphics module your using and the relevant code you've written to make it happen.
i am using the command line and never see that. maybe a script that runs boston1.py and exits itself could this for your environment (Windows?).
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
ok thanks. I will check on it.