Python Forum
Converting PNG to TIFF (pillow?)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Converting PNG to TIFF (pillow?)
I need to convert a PNG file to TIFF. I am looking at pillow but it does not seem to have that capability. Am I looking in the wrong place or is there some other way to do that conversion? TIA.
this looks like it will do that: https://pypi.org/project/webptools/
Thanks. It looks like converting to webp is easy enough but I don't see how to get from webp to tiff. It doesn't seem to mention tiff and just using 'tif' extension for the output seems almost too simple. I can only try.
Hi,

The non-python answer would be that free software like "irfanview" or "xnview"
will do that (as a dozen others will)

(From a photographer's point of view, i see no reason to convert png to tiff.) Cool

Dpaul
It is not quite that simple. I have to capture a web page that renders after a javascript (I'm still struggling with that part as selenium is deprecated and while it works I don't want to use it). Once I have the page as an image, I need to run an OCR to find the data I want and the OCR library only supports tiff.

If there is an easy way to capture a web page after JS into a tiff format I would sure like to know about it. Everything I have tried so far either won't install (python 2.7, locked in by my OS) or is not supported on Linux.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OCR-Python from Multi TIFF to HOCR getting only Data from 1st Page of multiple TIFF JOE 0 2,162 Feb-18-2022, 03:18 PM
Last Post: JOE
  how to extract tiff images from the subfolder into. hocr format in another similar su JOE 0 1,155 Feb-16-2022, 06:28 PM
Last Post: JOE
  Compressed multi page tiff wvanoeveren 2 2,666 Dec-28-2021, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Gribouillis
  How to open/load image .tiff files > 2 GB ? hobbyist 1 2,460 Aug-19-2021, 12:50 AM
Last Post: Larz60+
  Unable to capture all images of a multipage TIFF file in a merge bendersbender 0 2,218 Nov-19-2020, 03:09 PM
Last Post: bendersbender
  Tiff metadata sudecki 1 19,651 Aug-10-2018, 07:08 AM
Last Post: sudecki