Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pycharm sync
I have used VBA for years to build Excel macro's, but now I am learning how to use Python for this as it appears to be much better. I am working on an iMac and got the advice to install Pycharm for coding.

In the tutorials I am following, often new .xlsx files are made and then edited.
But each time I make a change in Pycharm, I have to close the .xlsx file and reopen it to be able to see the changes.

1. Is Pycharm the best free program to code in Openpyxl on Mac OS X?
2. Is there a way to make Pycharm (or any program) reload the .xlsx file automatically after I save?

Many thanks, I am just a n00b here ;-)
Quote:1. Is Pycharm the best free program to code in Openpyxl on Mac OS X?
I use this IDE, but there is no "best" free program.

Quote:2. Is there a way to make Pycharm (or any program) reload the .xlsx file automatically after I save?
Indirect, but you have to program it. Maybe you could use also inotify watches on Mac OS. You observe the file change and if the file has been changed, the program have to read again the file.
Almost dead, but too lazy to die: https://sourceserver.info
All humans together. We don't need politicians!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Problem with pymodbus - ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'pymodbus.client.sync' stsxbel 2 23,822 Nov-02-2023, 08:20 AM
Last Post: South_east
  asyncio calls within sync function ( Websocket on_open) orion67 0 1,424 Jan-16-2022, 11:00 AM
Last Post: orion67
  Auto re-pair / re-sync Controller via Script? User3000 2 2,346 Nov-30-2020, 11:42 AM
Last Post: User3000
  folder sync yawikflame 0 2,359 Mar-10-2018, 08:36 PM
Last Post: yawikflame