Python Forum
How to make Python 3.7.6 accessible to users
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to make Python 3.7.6 accessible to users
Hello everyone

In our server, Python 3.7.6 has been installed, along with Anaconda3 and all the pip packages, including Pandas.

However, they are not accessible to the end users and/or installer id, appuser. Users are still seeing the operating system python 2.7.

The problem is making these directories accessible to the installer id which is appuser. We tried the following commands:

sudo ln -s /root/acaconda3/etc/profile.d/conda.sh /etc/profile.d/conda.sh
echo "./root/acaconda3/etc/profile.d/conda.sh" >> /home/appuser/.bashrc
echo "conda activate base" >> /home/appuser/.bashrc
source /home/appuser/.bashrc

However, when that was attempted, we came across the following situation:[Image: rtf1qKx]

What do you think, how can we solve this issue, I will appreciate if you can advise other commands if there is any.

Thanks
Doguhan
Are you calling python3 or python? To get python3 you need to type python3 at the console
I welcome all feedback.
The only dumb question, is one that doesn't get asked.
My Github
How to post code using bbtags

During installation, there are 2 checkboxes at bottom of the initial installation page
'Install launcher for all users (recommended)'
and
'Add Python 3... to PATH'

You can see what this installation page looks like here: https://python-forum.io/Thread-Python-3-...er-Windows
It looks the same for Linux install.

These should almost always be checked

If the first checkbox is checked, python version will be available to all users.

If the second is checked, the proper environment variables will be set so that typing 'python' will execute the latest version installed.
Because of your requirements, I suggest reinstall checking both of these boxes.
for linux install, we didnt see those options unfortunately. I wonder how we can solve this issue by referencing in linux actually.
Look at Multi-user Anaconda installation on Linux

pyenv Simple Python Version Management
Also a option is to look into if use pyenv,has a option to install Anaconda3 or Miniconda3.
Then there are no administrative permissions required,since everything happens in your user context and $HOME directory(~).
This way an option for multi-user environments like a shared system at work,
or one of those you get when renting hosting for your homepage,in which you do not have root permissions.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Global variables or local accessible caslor 4 1,036 Jan-27-2023, 05:32 PM
Last Post: caslor
  [split] Python Module for Druid Users - "druidpy!" adaomacarl 0 1,838 Jan-14-2020, 11:34 AM
Last Post: adaomacarl
  Base class variables are not accessible Prabakaran141 3 2,827 Oct-31-2018, 07:13 AM
Last Post: buran
  Python redirect users to another url after form post blsturgeon 5 18,863 Jun-28-2018, 11:53 PM
Last Post: gontajones
  Recommended way to store users,db credentials in a Python project? PrateekG 2 12,321 May-31-2018, 12:22 PM
Last Post: DeaD_EyE
  Embed and extend Python in c++ without users installing Python BenKaya 2 3,279 Jan-25-2018, 12:43 PM
Last Post: BenKaya
  Good way to have a worker queue accessible by multiple process? cheater 2 2,509 Dec-21-2017, 09:30 PM
Last Post: wavic
  Python what should be name of the module for managing data of users ? harun2525 3 3,422 Dec-06-2017, 06:11 PM
Last Post: nilamo