Python Forum
Downgrade from Python 64-bit to 32-bit?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Downgrade from Python 64-bit to 32-bit?
I've been running the 64-bit version of Anaconda/Python on my development machine. I have the 64-bit Oracle client installed on this development machine. One of the Python scripts uses the 64-bit cx_Oracle library. I've recently finished development of a few Python scripts that will be headed to production soon...

I've compiled the Python scripts into EXEs using PyInstaller.

Upon them being placed on the QA machine to begin testing how the compiled EXEs perform outside of their native development environment, our QA person received the following error message when one of the EXEs (that has the purpose of inserting records into Oracle) was run.:

--- DPI-1047: Cannot locate a 64-bit Oracle Client library

The QA machine where she was trying to test the compiled EXE uses the 32-bit Oracle client and does not have the 64-bit Oracle client installed on it (due to some issues they've experienced when trying to have both the 32-bit and 64-bit Oracle clients on that machine). They are hesitate to install the 64-bit Oracle client on this machine.

So, in order to try to make this work, do I need to uninstall the 64-bit version of Anaconda/Python that I used to develop the Python scripts on the development machine and instead install the 32-bit Anaconda/Python? And then uninstall the 64-bit version of cx_Oracle from the development machine and instead install the 32-bit cx_Oracle library?

Just trying to come up with a resolution that allows continued development to be done on the Python scripts going forward as I'll probably have some things to fix/tweak, as well as allowing the compiled EXEs to be able to run in the other environments that use the Oracle 32-bit client.

Many thanks for any recommendations/suggestions.