Python Forum
Which is the best platform to teach kids python?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which is the best platform to teach kids python?
Hi,

My kid is 7 years old and he is interested in coding. Now I am looking for an online coding platform to teach him coding? Can someone please suggest me which would be the best one?
You should search around online for websites specfically targeted towards kids. Like this one. kidscancode

Kids would probably learn better visually (videos) rather than books and text.
7 is pretty young. I loved learning from kidscancode, but his pygame stuff is not really suited to pure beginners.

That said, video would be the way to go, you just might have to do the first projects along with them.

I think maybe a choose your own adventure would be a good start. They can add and change it. Later they can put in enemies, magic, farts(because they are 7! lol) and learn things step by step and add them to their game.
Thank you for suggesting this.
Hi,

I would like to know whether there is any online coding platform for kids that will teach them to develop their own small games. Could someone please help me?
There's quite a few of them. Google 'python game development for kids'

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  platform independent programming with Python PythonMarlem 2 48,474 Oct-06-2020, 10:25 PM
Last Post: micseydel
  How to begin to teach myself Python? maruan 2 2,116 Mar-25-2020, 02:52 AM
Last Post: maruan
  My Python programming book for kids is free for 48 hours kenttong 0 1,949 Feb-02-2020, 09:45 AM
Last Post: kenttong
  Uber’s Self-Driving Car Visualization Platform Larz60+ 5 5,751 Sep-08-2017, 01:09 AM
Last Post: ichabod801
  Open Source and X Platform development editor for Python donj 12 12,408 Nov-03-2016, 08:15 PM
Last Post: snippsat