Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
script editor
whats a good, free script editor for python? I'm currently using the terminal but I'm tired of it because its no help with debugging. any suggestions?

(and also where it says "Programmer named tim" under my username, where do i go to change that???)
I use Spyder which also comes with Anaconda. Free and works for my uses very well.

The link for Anaconda is https://www.continuum.io/DOWNLOADS

Any questions, let me know.

Bass

Just seen your PS about "Tim"

These change depending on the number of posts that you have made, all along the Monty Python theam.

The Name and Posts required are all listed here. When you get to 1000, it looks like you can christen yourself!

https://python-forum.io/misc.php?action=help&hid=29

Bass
PyCharm(Free Commuity) has most tool out of the box.
Spyder is good.
What Python people use is a personal mess of a lot of stuff  Doh
I use Atom with terminal(cmder under Windows) and ptpython as REPL.
I use PyCharm for project development - Professional Edition (courtesy of employer); for small code snippets I use iPython, but for testing out ideas I prefer Jupyter notebook - it allows you to easily pick up previous sessions, and copying code from iPython is not fun.
Test everything in a Python shell (iPython, Azure Notebook, etc.)
  • Someone gave you an advice you liked? Test it - maybe the advice was actually bad.
  • Someone gave you an advice you think is bad? Test it before arguing - maybe it was good.
  • You posted a claim that something you did not test works? Be prepared to eat your hat.
I tend to end up using the Python IDLE because it's just quick.

Like snipp said, PyCharm is probably the one I'd recommend.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Music Notation editor; how to build the editor? direction to go? philipbergwerf 1 1,696 Jan-01-2022, 04:56 PM
Last Post: Larz60+
  Looking for a "custom" script editor NewBeginnings 12 4,997 Jul-21-2019, 03:57 PM
Last Post: snippsat
  python script file not opening in IDLE editor srm 2 4,402 Jun-23-2019, 08:45 AM
Last Post: Larz60+