Python Forum
Anyone Using the Spyder IDE?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone Using the Spyder IDE?
Hi all

I was wondering if someone could explain what the colors represented in the Spyder IDE variable explorer for a data frame.

I have the data frame shown in attachment one and two.

As you can see there are several different colors and i am not sure what the colors represent.

The Spyder website states "Numpy arrays Like lists, for Numpy arrays the Variable Explorer shows a preview of their values. Double-clicking them will open a viewer displaying the array values in a “heat map”, with each value in a grid cell colored based on its numeric quantity" - I dont understand what it means when is states numeric quantity?

I thought the colors represented the different data types i.e. str or float.

Can anyone explain?

Thank you.

Attached Files

Thumbnail(s)

I use Spyder some, about half and half with VSCode for my non-notebook apps.

From what I see, the results are color coded based on the range. You can check the column minmax box and each column will have the blue max (cute), red min, and violet in between. If you don't check the box, same thing just over the whole grid. BTW, it clusters. For example, in my grid I have values of 0.2, 0.25, and 0.3 same violet color, where 1 is the blue max, a different shade for 0.8, another shade for values of 0.5, and red for 0's.
Thanks Jefsummers.