Python Forum
What is the useful purpose of Python?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the useful purpose of Python?
Ok, so I'm a noob. I have some programming knowledge. I have extremely elementary knowledge of c++ and c#. In my current job, I use Powershell everyday and have wrote some, in my opinion, complex scripts (a few hundred lines.) But, the way I see it, c++ and c# are compiled languages. So, I can write a program and hand the executable to someone and they can run the program. With powershell, I can't do that. But, powershell has modules and snap-ins that hook into the operating system. So, when I run commands, it's doing something.... changing something with the operating system or whatever 3rd party software product that has a snap-in for Powershell. But I would never hand a powershell script to an end user. The way I see it, Python isn't a compiled language. But, it doesn't really hook into the host OS or server to do anything. I can't imagine you would write a Python program or script and hand it to a home user and have them run it.... or even a non-IT business person. So, what is the useful case for Python?
You can ask your users to install python or have python installed by default such as Linux users do. Some programs such as Pyinstaller also create Windows executable out of Python scripts, etc.
python is usually used in business stuff, really convenient

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  print scripts example includes comma that seems to serve no purpose flour_power_33 5 2,794 Sep-02-2020, 03:32 AM
Last Post: flour_power_33
  What is the purpose of this append command! Captain_farrell 4 2,467 Apr-29-2020, 04:34 AM
Last Post: bowlofred
  Purpose of the keyword "pass" Tim 3 3,081 Feb-24-2018, 07:58 AM
Last Post: buran