Python Forum
"Forum contains new posts" icons are broken?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Forum contains new posts" icons are broken?
In the forum index, the forum have a disk on the left, that indicates (when it is dark) that there are unread posts. And it seems that since this morning it indicates new posts when there are none.

Is it just me?
Unless noted otherwise, code in my posts should be understood as "coding suggestions", and its use may require more neurones than the two necessary for Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V.
Your one-stop place for all your GIMP needs: gimp-forum.net
I didn't notice such occurence yet
i havent done anything in the last 8 hours. The discs work for me.
Recommended Tutorials:
It's happened with me. Even the thread topic was bold like there is a new post in it. But there was no new one.
"As they say in Mexico 'dosvidaniya'. That makes two vidaniyas."
https://freedns.afraid.org
Screenshots or it didn't happen.
A) a mod made a new post and then deleted it, and it registers to everyone as a new post still
B) Do you actually go into the thread or just the forum in which it is? Because it does not register as viewed until you go into each thread. So if there were 2 new posts in the same forum, and you only went into one, the disc would still show as unread. 
C) try selecting "Mark this forum as read" and see if it fixes

I dont pay too much attention to the discs as i use the unread link at the top to find new posts. As i read them, the discs get marked as read. Also above this search is alos a mark threads read, which will do all. I often use this if i know i have no interest in the discussion in that thread.
Recommended Tutorials:
(Oct-05-2016, 03:46 PM)metulburr Wrote: A) a mod made a new post and then deleted it, and it registers to everyone as a new post still
B) Do you actually go into the thread or just the forum in which it is? Because it does not register as viewed until you go into each thread. So if there were 2 new posts in the same forum, and you only went into one, the disc would still show as unread. 
C) try selecting "Mark this forum as read" and see if it fixes

I dont pay too much attention to the discs as i use the unread link at the top to find new posts. As i read them, the discs get marked as read. Also above this search is alos a mark threads read, which will do all. I often use this if i know i have no interest in the discussion in that thread.

A) possibly, but on several forums?
B) I think I check throughly
C) You can also click the roundel for the same effect.
Unless noted otherwise, code in my posts should be understood as "coding suggestions", and its use may require more neurones than the two necessary for Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V.
Your one-stop place for all your GIMP needs: gimp-forum.net

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Broken anti-spam question THX1138 5 4,193 May-13-2018, 03:27 AM
Last Post: metulburr
  posts remain in Unread Posts after read Larz60+ 27 45,342 Jun-02-2017, 05:24 PM
Last Post: Kebap
  Does the forum need a forum category ? Yoriz 4 6,289 Sep-18-2016, 08:16 PM
Last Post: Kebap