Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
to do list
This is a list of things we are planning to do after the forum update (in which broke the forums as well as adding a new responsive theme). Please post on here and we will edit this post to add it to the list. This can be about any theme, any modification, or issue since the forum has been changed. Please make sure to be very descriptive and include screenshots as much as possible. Also please make sure to clear your cache before bug testing the forum as we are constantly changing it, the problem may have been already fixed. Control + F5 on desktop. Settings -> Privacy -> Clear Browsing Data -> select only Cached images and files -> Clear (on Android)

This is going to be a slow process. We dont have a full time web dev working on tweaking the forum. It is mostly us tweaking on the weekends when we are not at work.

To do list

General
  • reset password not working
  • META description for google search queries to state that "we are a dedicated python programming forum" instead of some random forum description
  • "Double click" HTML code visible in top left corner page for codebox. It jumps from center above the codebox to the top left of the page. see attachment
  • Adding reputation or like is not possible on mobile (no 'Rate' or 'Like' buttons in iPhone / Safari)
  • After rating on computer forum page became unresponsive, after page reload everything was back in normal (MacOS / Safari)
  • Remove confirmation modal for deleting all alerts and deleting old alerts.
  • Add purge spammer button to members profile page regardless of post count. I have modified the change to member.php (always set first argument to true for post count), but hte effect does not take like it did before
    $can_purge_spammer = purgespammer_show(1, $memprofile['usergroup'], $memprofile['uid']);

Responsive Theme bugs and/or modification
  • move post,update pst, and preview post buttons to below the input box of the editor so people dont have to scroll down so far to hit the button (with attachments it can be a full page to scroll below the editor box)
  • Responsive theme: tooltip preview does not work in thread listing, it does work however in new users listing of the topbar plugin is: Thread Tooltip Preview (1.33)
    Allows users to preview the content of a thread via a tooltip, similar to vBulletin.
  • search.php results switches to a less responsive page by having to scroll left and right
  • Copy customs solved plugin button from default mybb theme to new themes light and dark (dont know exactly which template it is in)

Completed:
  • syntax highlighter
  • Quote box appearance fix
  • editor button customization (remove php, and add python logo image as code tag button, etc.)
  • unanswered post top link in forums section responsive theme
  • unread post top link in forums section responsive theme
  • Interpreter top link in responsive theme
  • IRC top link in responsive theme
  • add stats toplink in responsive them (stats.php and add <Prostats> to that template)
  • list of latest threads page in merge threads to easily identify thread ID when merging
  • responsive theme customization (Labeled light and dark) planning on setting to default to bug test
  • default theme restoration (Labeled python)
  • fix javascript bug in responsive theme
  • add users who have viewed this thread on responsive theme
  • force source mode and remove WYSIWYG mode
  • "users browsing this thread" and "users browsed this thread" at bottom the page in responsive theme, not top for better real estate usage
  • error and output tags appearance
  • Add a toplink to access search.php labeled Advanced Search as responsive theme does not seem to have access to this
  • Fix responsive theme on mobile for the editor right side cut off and unable to access on phone, see attachment
  • allow all groups (Except banned and user*) access to like button
  • Responsive theme: possibly expand Forums toplinks and Extras toplink so they are not in a drop down. Still unsure if this is final expectation as would have to see what it looks like expanded.
  • logo is sometimes small, and sometimes large, see attachment. This is not related to the sidebar being opened or closed, screenshots were taken when i could.
  • users online today plugin in responsive theme
  • egosearch AKA "My Discussions" (enter your own username in search / threads you have posted to whether you are author or not)
  • report button not working in any theme
  • edit log missing from edits

Attached Files

Thumbnail(s)

Recommended Tutorials:
- unanswered post top link in forums section responsive theme - Done
- unread post top link in forums section responsive theme - Done
- Interpreter top link in responsive theme - Done
- IRC top link in responsive theme - Done
- add stats toplink in responsive them (stats.php and add <Prostats> to that template) - Done
- add users who have viewed this thread on responsive theme - Done
metulburr likes this post
"users browsing this thread" and "users browsed this thread" at bottom the page in responsive theme, not top for better real estate usage - Done

force source mode and remove WYSIWYG mode as i forgot how much we all hate that - im not sure what is that, can you give me more details what to do?
metulburr likes this post
i posted in the admins section a response to egosearch about how to replicate it, but it is apart of the editor if i remember correctly, not the theme.
Recommended Tutorials:
(Oct-13-2020, 11:47 AM)rain Wrote: force source mode and remove WYSIWYG mode as i forgot how much we all hate that - im not sure what is that, can you give me more details what to do?

We use Rin editor that use WYSIWYG mode,look at this post.
You can test in editor source button so if push in WYSIWYG mode is off,that we want always off. 

This is something i also start at look at now as shall also change buttons in editor,
so we get eg python logo for Python source...ect.

So the first step is to get WYSIWYG mode off,i think the last method not work in this version Rin Editor (0.9.7).
So if want to look just WYSIWYG mode off that's fine,but this i a plugin that's not part of the Themes.
(Oct-13-2020, 12:56 PM)snippsat Wrote:
(Oct-13-2020, 11:47 AM)rain Wrote: force source mode and remove WYSIWYG mode as i forgot how much we all hate that - im not sure what is that, can you give me more details what to do?

We use Rin editor that use WYSIWYG mode,look at this post.
You can test in editor source button so if push in WYSIWYG mode is off,that we want always off. 

This is something i also start at look at now as shall also change buttons in editor,
so we get eg python logo for Python source...ect.

So the first step is to get WYSIWYG mode off,i think the last method not work in this version Rin Editor (0.9.7).
So if want to look just WYSIWYG mode off that's fine,but this i a plugin that's not part of the Themes.

ye i get it now, also its an issue with all themes i dont think i can do much here for this issue
- Quote box appearance fix
- list of latest threads page in merge threads to easily identify thread ID when merging
- responsive theme customization (Labeled light and dark) planning on setting to default to bug test

can you guys give me more details what am supposed to do with those?
we like the quote box to resemble our code tag box, such as rounded edges, same with error  and output box.

We have a page that shows the latest threads. When we right click anc copy link location we get the link which contains the thread ID such as:
https://python-forum.io/showthread.php?tid=30282
With Google SEO we dont have the thread ID and mybb to merge threads needs the thread ID...so we put this page in an iframe under the merge template where it asks for the thread ID to merge to and from. This is because it became confusing for mods to merge.

The last one is just generic customization. I dont think we have our sights set on that yet. Or even know yet.
Recommended Tutorials:
Not sure if it is for this thread, but it look like Reset password functionality is not working. I tried it several days ago and again today - no e-mail whatsoever (also checked the Junk folder)
If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself, Albert Einstein
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way: link and another link
Create MCV example
Debug small programs

sorry guys, i been busy for the past 2 days due my university, i'll try to fix as mush as i can on the weeknend