Python Forum
Timeout for multiple postings
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Timeout for multiple postings
The timeout between multiple postings seems now to be much larger than before.  I've run into it a few times when trying to reply in different threads.  Did this get set to something like 5 minutes, and could it be lowered?  I presume it used to be different, since I don't remember seeing it before the reset.

An additional annoyance is that it blocks seeing the preview for a post entirely during the cooldown period.
i made 4 posts in another thread and didn't hit it.  i am unsure of my timing but i will watch for this more closely.  five minutes seems to be rather long.
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
Yup.   Posted in another thread just now.  Came back here and typed this one and hit preview.  Got this:

[Image: CrPuXyK]
https://imgur.com/CrPuXyK

If I try to post, I get a pop-up with "there was an error during your post....too quickly after your previous message...".  So for me, it appears to be a 5 minute cooldown before posting/previewing any new messages.

Hmm.  Not sure why the image link failed.  It just drew another page that had the text:
Quote:You are trying to make a new post too quickly after your previous message. Please wait 282 more seconds.
i turned the flood post off for now
Recommended Tutorials:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Use Of Real Names In Postings adt 19 7,677 Sep-15-2019, 01:06 PM
Last Post: metulburr