Python Forum
Nouns and corresponding verbs in German
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nouns and corresponding verbs in German
Hi everybody,

Currently, I'm looking for a ressource which contains for a noun the corresponding verb (in German!). For example: "Verständnis <=> verstanden; Schaffen <=> schaffen; Arbeit <=> arbeiten; ...".
Is there already an existing ressource, or how could I build such a file?

Since I didn't find any such ressource, I tried to write my own code to extract a list of "noun <=> corresponding verb". What I did: I took a text and looked for word in uppercase. Afterwards, I looked for words in lowercase with the additional ending "en" and if they were in the text, I got a new pair "noun <=> verb". But as you see in my example, I'm not able to extract "Verständnis <=> verstanden" and so on...so this is not really a good solution :( . 
So my question is: If there doesn't already exist such a ressource; how would you extract these correspondances? I'm sure that I should work with some nltk-modules, for the lemmatization and so on...

In any case: Thanks for any help!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  string.punctuation for languages like French or German Leo978 1 2,334 Jun-06-2020, 09:09 AM
Last Post: DeaD_EyE
  Need help excluding Named Entity (NE) and proper nouns (NNE) from text analysis disruptfwd8 0 2,353 May-15-2018, 12:10 AM
Last Post: disruptfwd8
  Extract nouns out of a CoNLL-file MattaFX 3 3,993 May-08-2017, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Larz60+