Python Forum
Resources on Learning Python
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resources on Learning Python
Greetings,

Can someone help me determine which of the following resources I should read, in order "if any" to best learn Python.

Learn Python The Hard Way (book)

Comprehensive Python beginner's guide - Android Authority

How to Think like a Computer Scientist: Interactive Edition

As a beginner, I need to stick with one thing for the moment. Please help me decide which of these I need and in which order.

Thank you,
Matt
How to Think like a Computer Scientist: Interactive Edition - One of the best. There is also an interactive version of this here: https://runestone.academy/runestone/book...index.html

Comprehensive Python beginner's guide - Android Authority - Not familiar with this one.

Learn Python The Hard Way (book) -- Not at all a favourite of this forum.
likes this post
Thank you for your reply.

Can I just take this course How to Think like a Computer Scientist: Interactive Edition Do you recommend this for beginners and does it use Python?

Any other beginner tutorials/books you can recommend? There are a plethora of resources, I want to find the most comprehensive; instead of weeding through it all.

Thanks again,
Matt
Learn Python The Hard Way (book) is really controversial one - for more info check this thread for example https://python-forum.io/Thread-Learning-...with-LPTHW
If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself, Albert Einstein
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way: link and another link
Create MCV example
Debug small programs

I am coming from other OOP languages. For now, I just want one resource.

I will start with the Computer Scientist. Is this a good choice?

I apologize for any redundancies.
I read the forum post on "Learn Python The Hard Way". First of all, it is somewhat deprecated. It was released in 2017. I will stick with the think like a scientist. The only thing I don't like about it is, it seems to jump around a bit. But it comes highly recommended.

Thanks again.
Quote:I think Can I just take this course How to Think like a Computer Scientist: Interactive Edition Do you recommend this for beginners and does it use Python?

I think an excellent choice.

If you find it too difficult, another that I would recommend is: Python Course Europe
I will try both of them. You have been a great help. Thanks again.
I think the second site you recommended is a lot more confusing. I think it might be using deprecated keywords, etc...

Take this section Here

Is all of this stuff in the current version of Python? The preferred method is at the bottom.

I am getting confused. :)
Is this the same thing here Think Like a Computer Scientist