Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Cannot import Pygame
I cannot import pygame.i dont know why?.i could use some help
Error:
ModueNotFoundError:No module named pygame
Pygame is third party package. You need to install it first.

Getting started
(May-02-2017, 08:45 AM)buran Wrote: You need to install it first.
No.i have already installed pygame using the Pip.
Hi,

It sounds as if you needs to install the pygame library. Is this the first time that you have tried to use it? 

Could you provide details of the development environment that you are using? this could be Spyder for example.

Bass

"The good thing about standards is that you have so many to choose from" Andy S. Tanenbaum
This is my first attempt.My os:windows ultimate 32 bit
i have installed python 3.6,
Could you check the case, i.e. did you install Pygame and are importing pygame (lowercase P)?

"The good thing about standards is that you have so many to choose from" Andy S. Tanenbaum
(May-02-2017, 08:55 AM)Bass Wrote: Could you check the case, i.e. did you install Pygame and are importing pygame (lowercase P)?
wait,may be that was the reason,i will check .

Thanks Bass.You made my day.The case was the error.thank you so much.
is it possible that you have more than one python installations and istalled pygame for different python installation than the one you try to use it? e.g. some Linux distros come with both python2 and python3 installed. Or maybe you installed both python versions? was there any error when you installed pygame?
Glad to have helped.

Bass

(May-02-2017, 08:59 AM)buran Wrote: s it possible that you have more than one python installations and istalled pygame for different python installation than the one you try to use it? e.g. some Linux distros come with both python2 and python3 installed. Or maybe you installed both python versions? was there any error when you installed pygame?
Never mind.my problem is solved.it was with the case of the letter P in Pygame

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pygame*import pygame ImportError: No module named pygame CASPERHANISCH 1 9,771 Jun-05-2017, 09:50 PM
Last Post: nilamo
  Can Pygame import and export SVG? OnisionTheOninonBoy 5 6,612 Feb-08-2017, 01:29 AM
Last Post: Skaperen