Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Edit TOML on the fly
I would like to edit a local TOML file and save it again to be used in the same Python script. In this sense, to be able to change a given parameter in loop. You can see an example of file, here.

https://bitbucket.org/robmoss/particle-f...ation.toml

So far, I could load the file but I don't find how to change a parameter value.
import toml
data = toml.load("scenario.toml")
buran write Jan-27-2021, 02:07 PM:
Please, use proper tags when post code, traceback, output, etc. This time I have added tags for you.
See BBcode help for more info.
What do you want to change? e.g. with the file from your link, after load, you get nested dict structure like this

Output:
{'components': {'model': 'pypfilt.examples.predation.LotkaVolterra', 'summary': 'pypfilt.summary.HDF5', 'time': 'pypfilt.Scalar'}, 'model': {'bounds': {'alpha': {'max': 2, 'min': 0}, 'beta': {'max': 2, 'min': 0}, 'delta': {'max': 2, 'min': 0}, 'gamma': {'max': 2, 'min': 0}, 'x': {'max': 2, 'min': 0}, 'y': {'max': 2, 'min': 0}}, 'priors': {'alpha': {'args': {'high': 0.8, 'low': 0.6}, 'function': 'uniform'}, 'beta': {'args': {'high': 1.4, 'low': 1.2}, 'function': 'uniform'}, 'delta': {'args': {'high': 1.1, 'low': 0.9}, 'function': 'uniform'}, 'gamma': {'args': {'high': 1.1, 'low': 0.9}, 'function': 'uniform'}, 'x': {'args': {'high': 1.5, 'low': 0.5}, 'function': 'uniform'}, 'y': {'args': {'high': 0.4, 'low': 0.2}, 'function': 'uniform'}}}, 'parameters': {'data_dir': '.', 'fresh_cache': True, 'max_days': 14, 'out_dir': '.', 'particles': 1000, 'prng_seed': 42, 'remove_cache': True, 'resample': {'regularisation': True, 'threshold': 0.25}, 'steps_per_unit': 1, 'summary': {'from_first_day': True, 'meta': {'packages': ['matplotlib']}, 'tables': {'model_cints': {'credible_intervals': [0, 50, 95]}}}, 'time': {'start': 0.0, 'until': 15.0}}, 'scenario': {'example': {'name': 'Example Scenario', 'observations': {'x': {'file': 'predation-counts-x.ssv', 'format': {'sdev': '0.1f'}, 'init': {'obs_period': 0}, 'model': 'pypfilt.examples.predation.ObsModel', 'name': {'sdev': 'sdev'}, 'parameters': {'sdev': 0.2}}, 'y': {'file': 'predation-counts-y.ssv', 'format': {'sdev': '0.1f'}, 'init': {'obs_period': 0}, 'model': 'pypfilt.examples.predation.ObsModel', 'name': {'sdev': 'sdev'}, 'parameters': {'sdev': 0.2}}}}}, 'summary': {'monitors': {'expected_obs': {'model': 'pypfilt.summary.ExpectedObsMonitor'}}, 'tables': {'forecasts': {'init': {'exp_obs_monitor': 'expected_obs'}, 'model': 'pypfilt.summary.PredictiveCIs'}, 'model_cints': {'model': 'pypfilt.summary.ModelCIs'}, 'obs': {'model': 'pypfilt.summary.Obs'}}}}
If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself, Albert Einstein
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way: link and another link
Create MCV example
Debug small programs

I would like to change all possible parameters since it will enrich the study. However, the main ones are particles, prng_seed and time (start and until).
(Jan-27-2021, 03:05 PM)C3PO Wrote: I would like to change all possible parameters since it will enrich the study.
again, it's a nested structure - dicts of dicts (or lists). Do you know how to work with dicts?

e.g.

import toml
data = toml.load('scenario.toml')

print(data['parameters']['particles'])
data['parameters']['particles'] = 2000
print(data['parameters']['particles'])
Output:
1000 2000
If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself, Albert Einstein
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way: link and another link
Create MCV example
Debug small programs