Python Forum
Teaching myselft python. Question about testing myself
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teaching myselft python. Question about testing myself
Hi forums.

I'm working on teaching myself python3. I have been working through the tutorial on w3schools, and it's quite good.

My question is regarding challenging myself, as in, giving myself little assignments that demand application of the stuff I'm learning in novel ways. Granted, I'm still pretty early in the tutorials, but this would be an essential element to the learning process, I think.

Can anyone give me some ideas on where to look for inspiration? Thanks
I'm getting back into programming after taking a hiatus for 15 years so I'm pretty much a beginner again.

Come up with a small project of your own with what you've learned so far. Attempt to start writing the code yourself and when you get stuck search for what you're trying to do. There is sure to be someone that has written out the code you're needing to do the specific task.

Don't just copy it but understand how the code works and customize it if possible.

Pretty much what I do. The company I work for is needing a simple app to manage hardware and software inventory. It's taken me two days just to get a simple gui menu window running and I'm sure it will take me quite a while to finish the rest but I'm sure ill get more confident and faster after every project completion. Once I have the main app running and start actually using it at work I want to maybe try implementing a bar code function so when a box is scanned it inputs the data into the database. Good luck
You could try out the ideas and challenges here on the forum.
I welcome all feedback.
The only dumb question, is one that doesn't get asked.
My Github
How to post code using bbtags

(Feb-14-2021, 01:08 AM)metalmancellist Wrote: Can anyone give me some ideas on where to look for inspiration? Thanks
This forum is ideal for your demand: read what problems your fellow-forum members have and see if you can understand and solve these problems. Smile
Some training resources link here.
CheckiO
exercism.io
Python Exercises, Practice, Solution
List of Free Python Resources here

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ChocoPy - A Subset of Python3 used for teaching compiler courses nilamo 0 2,159 Sep-13-2019, 06:49 PM
Last Post: nilamo
  [split] the best python teaching program for an 8 year kid? ThomasMoore 2 2,372 Apr-16-2019, 09:12 PM
Last Post: Larz60+