Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pip issues with windows 10
I am running windows 10 at home and work. pip has always worked until lately. no matter what I do I get

WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=4, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'ProtocolError('Connection aborted.', ConnectionResetError(10054, 'An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host', None, 10054, None))': /simple/ipython-genutils/
WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=3, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'ProtocolError('Connection aborted.', ConnectionResetError(10054, 'An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host', None, 10054, None))': /simple/ipython-genutils/

for almost every package I try to install or update. I thought it might be a work thing,but now it is happening at home also.
I can not figure what the problem is.
I am running python 3.9.2 64 bit

Please help.
Thanks,
steven
This looks like it might be a local network problem.
Try:
  • logout of system
  • Cycle power off, and on
  • Re-boot
  • Try again
(Mar-23-2021, 11:25 AM)Larz60+ Wrote: This looks like it might be a local network problem.
Try:
  • logout of system
  • Cycle power off, and on
  • Re-boot
  • Try again
Rebooting does not solve the issue. At work or on my home system.
Where is the most appropriate forum to try to get this resolved?

Thanks,
Steven
Strange if you're having the same network problem on two presumably entirety separate systems. Maybe that's just coincidence. Are you able to identify anything that changed around the same time this started happening?
ndc85430 has a point. Are other applications using the network without issue since error materialized?

look for router power disconnected, 10Base-T out of socket and other simple things like that.
The only changes I have as far as Python is concerned, is the I now only have 3.9.2 64 bit installed everywhere.
Other products work fine getting auto updates and so forth. Also the message app[rears to be random from pip. I have tried using py -m pip install <whatever> -U
python -m pip install <whatever> -U
pip install <whatever> -U

It is frustrating to not be able to run pip. I have tried downloading the files and compiling them and that works ok.
pip is so easy. Is there a way to get a detailed log. I would be happy to upload that.

Thanks,
Steven
Try proxy and see if that work.
Free proxy
pip install --proxy=http://yourproxy:yourport package_name
Other stuff to try.
python -m pip install --trusted-host pypi.python.org --trusted-host files.pythonhosted.org --trusted-host pypi.org --upgrade pip
try easyinstall

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pip command issues in windows golmolbandar 1 2,951 Jun-12-2018, 07:58 PM
Last Post: snippsat