Python Forum
About free of charge libraries
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About free of charge libraries
Hello, how are you? I am Marcos, a new-coming programmer mainly with Python (marvelous language for computing general tasks) and I want to know: I installed these libraries through CMD (Administrator) from Windows 10:
Bokeh
Pypi
iPython
Cython
MatplotLib
Pandas
torch
pymc
Numba
Keras
Regex
Numpy

And am planning to install more for more compatibility/management about what I will be able to do. I am using Spyder5 as my main IDE.

These libraries are free of charge? 100% free of charge and the rest I didn't install yet are too?

Ah! When a new version come I just download it and uninstall Python 3.9.5?
And... am I wrong to install from CMD? I installed Spyder5 outside CMD and the instructions (libraries) throught this.

Thank you people! Smile

1. You should be using virtual environments for each project.
    This can be easily done by:
    • Create a new directory for your project.
    • cd to directory just created, and run from command line python -m venv venv
    • Activate the virtual environment (I am a Linux person, but believe the windows 10 command is):
      venv\Scripts\activate
    • Now form command line, install only the packages needed for the project using pip
      example:
      pip3 install requests
Now you have a custom environment for the project which is streamlined specifically for that project.
In addition to above, you can also control the python version used with each project, see:
pyenv Simple Python Version Management
Mahzinho93 likes this post