Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Basic] Ultimate Guide to Data Types
Knowledge of Data-Types is essential for any programmer. This post is for anyone who wants to learn about all the data-types Python has to offer with a simple mind-map for future references:

Ultimate Guide to Data-Types in Python (From Integers to Dictionaries)
Any tutorial must be as correct as possible, especially if it's geared towards beginners.

Quote:this post will cover all that you need to know about all the different Python Data-Types.

All the different Python Data-Types? If we consider built-ins only then Documentation > The Python Standard Library > Built-in Types provides much more extensive selection (range, bytes, bytearray etc). If we are talking about Python Data-Types then have look at Documentation > The Python Standard Library > Data Types

In Python documentation there is 'sequence' and not 'data collections'. Set is separate group defined as "unordered collection of distinct hashable objects" and it's not seqence (or data collection what you use as synonym)

Also it would be good to provide what the hell data type is and why it's important.

From Python documentation: "An object’s type determines the operations that the object supports (e.g., “does it have a length?”) and also defines the possible values for objects of that type."

Official ISO/IEC 2382-15:2001, "Information technology — Vocabulary — Part 15: Programming languages" definition:

Quote:data type

datatype (synonym)

‣ A defined set of data object s of a specified data structure and a set of permissible operations, such that these data objects act as operands in the execution of any one of these operations.
Example:
▫ An integer type has a very simple structure, each occurrence of which, usually called value, is a representation of a member of a specified range of whole numbers and the permissible operations include the usual arithmetic operation s on these integers.
Note:
▫The term „type„ may be used instead of „data type„ when there is no ambiguity.

'True and False are the two Boolean operators.'??? Python operators are found here Documentation > The Python Language Reference > 2. Lexical Analysis > 2.5. Operators. And yes, operator means: "A symbol that represents the action to be performed in an operation"
buran likes this post
I'm not 'in'-sane. Indeed, I am so far 'out' of sane that you appear a tiny blip on the distant coast of sanity. Bucky Katt, Get Fuzzy

Da Bishop: There's a dead bishop on the landing. I don't know who keeps bringing them in here. ....but society is to blame.
Also I think there are way too many "basic" tutorials for Python. Writing one can be useful to organize your own thoughts but don't expect much feedback from readers. I think it's much better when you present a program that you wrote to play blackjack on your blog. Write about programs that do something!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information Beginner's Guide to Pie Charts with Python BlazingWarlord 0 1,997 May-16-2021, 07:30 AM
Last Post: BlazingWarlord
  Easy Guide For GUI + Database Work adnanahsan 1 2,384 Sep-08-2019, 02:19 AM
Last Post: Larz60+