Python Forum
Library for wavelet transformation
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Library for wavelet transformation
Hello all,

I am looking for a library for wavelet transformation. In particular, I need to collect the respective wavelet transformation coefficients out of that library. I am not necessarily interested in wavelet transformation of a signal.
First, where have you looked for a library? Second, I'm confused: you say you want the coefficients, but aren't interested in transforming a signal. What coefficients are you expecting to get, if not those that you get from applying the transformation to a signal? Perhaps say what your end goal is (that is, what is the bigger picture in which this need has arisen?) and you might get better help.
Gribouillis likes this post
To speak more scientifically, I will create a dictionary of wavelets per level of approximation. In other words, I will generate the coloumns of D in the
linear equation Dx = y, where x is the signal and y is its wavelet transformation. PyWavelets give me y, but I need D. Stanford university produced
such a library for matlab users, here https://statweb.stanford.edu/~wavelab/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can I use python for data transformation instead of PowerQuery? KMark27 1 885 Jan-25-2023, 05:59 AM
Last Post: GetOnData