Python Forum
PyPI XMLRPC Search Disabled
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PyPI XMLRPC Search Disabled
it's been a while since they made this decision. are they working on a way to do this more efficiently than XMLRPC ?
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
Skaperen Wrote:are they working on a way to do this more efficiently than XMLRPC ?
More like change to a more normal way to do an API PyPi JSON API
Can do a quick test with Requests.
import requests

url = 'https://pypi.org/pypi/loguru/json'
response = requests.get(url)
pack_json = response.json()
Test.
>>> pack_json['info']['home_page']
'https://github.com/Delgan/loguru'
>>> pack_json['info']['summary']
'Python logging made (stupidly) simple'
i upgraded pip and i still get that. pip still uses XMLRPC ?

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
They have shut down PyPI XMLRPC Search Disabled.
So this affect pip search,which still use XMLRPC probably will be removed or maybe updated.

There is pip-search that fix it and give colorful better output than pip search(which i never used and output didn't look good).
Using the cool Rich library.
Quote:a Python library for rich text and beautiful formatting in the terminal.
(Jul-09-2021, 09:40 AM)snippsat Wrote: They have shut down PyPI XMLRPC Search Disabled.

right. i am aware of that. and pip still uses XMLRPC. maybe it should just run pip-search and tell you how to install it if it is not there. or just not use XMLRPC.

i just tried to install it. i got a dependency conflict. awscli wants colorama<=0.3.9 but pip-search wants colorama>=0.4.4. i guess they changed the API. no surprise with major version 0. i might set up a container for it.