Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sudo
Hi,
I am new to this forum so I don't actually know that do people help with the terminal of the Raspberry Pi so if they don't than I shall ask on the other forum.
My problem is here:(I am new to here so I don't know how to upload image on this.) First, I opened the Terminal of the raspberry pi. Then I tried some of the commands like "sudo apt-get update". It worked very well and it doesn't ask for "(9,009 kb of 16 Mb will be used, please enter yes or no (Y/n).). But then I tried "sudo apt-get upgrade" and it does ask for the up here. I enter Y and then it appears something like error and it said "server certificate verification failed". I go and search internet about this problem and tried some commands that it suggest will work. But after trying a lot of commands, it still say the same error. I don't know how to fix the problem so I decided to ask in here.
Thanks
There are some people that have a pi here.

Run the your "error raspberry pi" in a search engine and you will get some ideas on things to try

What things have you tried?

Update is updating the repositories, upgrade is the actual update. It's Linux but I am unsure if something slightly different because of it being a pi in which I have never owned or operated one.
Recommended Tutorials:
(Nov-09-2021, 03:09 AM)RyAn Wrote: server certificate verification failed

Is the local date set correct? If the year is wrong, this could invalidate all existing certificates on the internet.

If you want to annoy someone, set the date back to the year 2011 and nothing will work.
Almost dead, but too lazy to die: https://sourceserver.info
All humans together. We don't need politicians!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  sudo apt Not Working Dacdiver 11 18,473 Nov-09-2021, 05:48 PM
Last Post: jefsummers
  cant use ping, sudo or other commands in remote shell script. throwaway34 7 3,609 May-17-2021, 11:29 AM
Last Post: throwaway34
  Linux Script Sudo and "&" s3fac5 14 5,668 Aug-30-2019, 08:02 AM
Last Post: s3fac5
  do sudo su - user in python script aruntracer 2 15,207 Apr-02-2018, 12:45 PM
Last Post: Gribouillis