Python Forum
Questions about Web Scraping
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions about Web Scraping
Hello,

I recently built a Magic Mirror(smart mirror) with my Rpi3 and I would like to have some of my due dates for school automatically display on the calendar module.

I've started looking into web scraping and I'm wondering if it's possible to build a python script that reads the due dates from my assignment and converts them to iCal format (or posts them to my google calendar) that way they pop up on my magic mirror.

The thing is my assignments are all posted on BlackBoard(which requires a login), and I can view just the due dates on the blackboard calendar.

Is there a way to take those due dates and post them to my google calendar or iCal format?
If so, how would I go about doing that?

Thanks in advance.
At the very least, Google has a Calendar API that should let you create events. It's a REST API, meaning that you interact with it by making HTTP requests. See the documentation - it's possible Google provide a library to abstract all that away from you.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Discord bot that asks questions and based on response answers or asks more questions absinthium 1 42,036 Nov-25-2017, 06:21 AM
Last Post: heiner55