Python Forum
Passionate Python developer from India "waiting" :/ to get hired
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Passionate Python developer from India "waiting" :/ to get hired
Hi, I've been struggling, and struggling, and struggling in my city, Kolkata, for the last 8 years. Sad It's time I need somebody who can hire me as a backend developer in an engineering-centric company. I know Python, and JS, and I like both.

Attached Files

.pdf   resume052022.pdf (Size: 76.12 KB / Downloads: 3)
I tried to look at your Github but it's private. Are you struggling with performance in interviews, or are you struggling to get interviews?
(May-17-2022, 03:04 PM)micseydel Wrote: I tried to look at your Github but it's private. Are you struggling with performance in interviews, or are you struggling to get interviews?

Trust me I’m very design oriented, disciplined, with a keen knack for always improving code by experimenting with stuff, reading code back and forth, getting back at it and finding ways to make it better. I started learning Python when I was 25, 2017, and since then I’ve loved many parts of it, hated some, tried to understand the design patterns all by myself. I pass every Python test, even the hard ones except asyncio stuff. What I found recently while I was writing backend with Flask that it does not scale even upto the basic features a backend needs such as OAuth 2.0 with remember-me. I tried for weeks, but now I’m switching to Pyramid to keep my code more Pythonic, and making full use of the loosely coupled flexibility it offers unlike Django. Being a freelancer I have found less interest in RDBMS, I like NoSQL because it is easy and way more scalable for modern backends, and that influences me to stay away from Django because Django is 60% ORM. I still like the clean design it offers, I know there’s a lot more but I’m still not an expert at backend, so I tend to always try every new feature with frameworks that are like Flask, Flask has disappointed me, the community is not helpful, almost everything is welded under an iron hood. Now, I’ve just started learning Pyramid, and I don’t know what’s going to come next. The problem with finding a good job in my country is that all these new companies are bad, their stack is bad unless they use Django at least. I don’t have enough Django experience, so I apply for the Flask based fullstack roles, nobody even understands the good amount of fundamentals I’m good at. On LinkedIn, it’s full of bad companies with bad products, and other job boards don’t offer good salaries. This cycle keeps burning me out because no matter how much I try I don’t get hired because my work ex is below par. How can I at least get a job because freelance is the worst thing a man can do? This gets me real worried. I’ve cleared interviews, but they don’t hire me when they hear that my work ex not sizeable.
What does it mean to "clear" an interview where you don't get hired? There's a lot in your post I could unpack, but I'd recommend you start with https://interviewing.io/ or something like it, to get a friendly external perspective on what's going on during your interviews.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Senior Full-stack Python Developer Nadiia_H 2 282 Mar-19-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: sunilP
  Python Developer (part time / contract) notiforand 0 512 Feb-01-2024, 08:55 PM
Last Post: notiforand
  Mid Level Django Python Developer at Bitcoin Solutions, Inc djangojobs.net 1 2,946 Oct-04-2022, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Lauren11
  Python / Django Web Developer (F/M/D) at MIR MEDIA - Digital Agency djangojobs.net 0 2,192 May-06-2022, 07:31 AM
Last Post: djangojobs.net
  Hiring Expert Python Developer (Remote) For USA based Client Naheed 2 3,518 Feb-23-2022, 03:27 PM
Last Post: deepvyas
  Python Software Developer in Medical Imaging jcohenadad 1 2,230 Dec-17-2021, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Trish0414
  Remote Job Python Developer JohWebster 4 3,434 Nov-22-2021, 12:55 PM
Last Post: deepvyas
  Hiring: Expert python Bot developer otsaki 3 9,217 Oct-18-2021, 07:47 AM
Last Post: cis_harry
  [For Hire][Remote Team: India Based] sandeep_canopus 0 2,328 Dec-16-2020, 07:20 AM
Last Post: sandeep_canopus
  Looking for a Python developer in London salesource 4 3,463 Dec-14-2020, 07:27 PM
Last Post: ReyMond