Python Forum
Initializing a PRINTDLG structure-how to
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Initializing a PRINTDLG structure-how to
I am trying to find documentation (in python) on how to initialize windows PRINTDLG and pass the structure to PrintDlg.
Thanks for any help.
Not a Windows user here, but obviously it exists somewhere in Mark Hammond's pywin32 module.
What GUI are you using? QT has some nice printer dialog management tools...
I am using Kivy as a GUI. In the app i am running/displaying some data table sorts. As an afterthought I wanted to give the user the ability to print out their search so I save data in a text file and have a simple print command for either a Linux or WIn platform to print out.

def print_to_screen(self,instance):
try:
if platform=='linux':
os.system('lp -o media=letter -o fit-to-page -o landscape search.txt')
if platform=='win':
os.startfile("search.txt", "print")

The command for Linux is satisfactory for now however in Windows I need to either fit-to-page or change to landscape. I am inexperienced in printing and have not found a way on the windows os print command to add the landscape requirement.
Being inexperienced, I thought the Windows system already had a Print Dialogue and Page Setup Dialogue that I could just call from my app and feed it my text file and the user could modify as needed vs. using above.

So for now if I could just get above to print in landscape I could get by.
Printing looks like it can get involved.
Thanks to all.
Sorry, found answers in wxPython and PyQt but not Kivy. Perhaps someone else...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Auto-py-to-exe Stuck At 'Initializing' killingtime 5 7,004 Jan-21-2024, 10:52 PM
Last Post: ShiDari
  "unexpected keyword arg" when initializing my subclasses Phaze90 3 3,145 Nov-25-2022, 07:39 PM
Last Post: Gribouillis
  Syntax when initializing empty lists Mark17 2 1,364 Jun-02-2022, 04:09 PM
Last Post: Mark17
  Initializing, reading and updating a large JSON file medatib531 0 1,775 Mar-10-2022, 07:58 PM
Last Post: medatib531
  Self re-initializing variable? python_user_n 6 3,205 May-03-2019, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Gribouillis