Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need a mentor
Hello, My name is Frank from Ghana in the west africa, Please I just started learning python today.
Can i get a dedicated mentor i can ask question in case i run to errors.
Thanks a lot i will be waiting please.
Hi.

I'd not expect anyone to give you one-on-one mentoring, but, on the other hand, you'll get as much help as the community can offer, if you get stuck and have tried your best to make things work.
Sig:
>>> import this

The UNIX philosophy: "Do one thing, and do it well."

"The danger of computers becoming like humans is not as great as the danger of humans becoming like computers." :~ Konrad Zuse

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." :~ Albert Einstein
(Sep-21-2022, 01:57 PM)rob101 Wrote: Hi.

I'd not expect anyone to give you one-on-one mentoring, but, on the other hand, you'll get as much help as the community can offer, if you get stuck and have tried your best to make things work.

True. Don't expect anyone giving effort, as they all have their own programs and there are far more beginners than people who are very good at python. However, the community will always be there for you.
The only stupid person in the world, is the person that doesn't ask questions.
-Someone smart
Bad idea - if you have to ask help, and there's someone there for you - it's the lazy way out of having to learn anything.

The best coders are ones who find out what they need by themselves, WITHOUT help, and learn tons of extra stuff along their discovery journey.
cnd Wrote:Bad idea - if you have to ask help, and there's someone there for you - it's the lazy way out of having to learn anything.
What is the purpose of this forum if not to share knowledge?

Learning can be done on certain things without assistance, however you should always discuss what you have learned with others to verify validity. Even if you have it right the first time, this clarifies that fact.

Also, there is a term that has been around for many years 'cardboard programmer' where you explain a problem you are having with another programmer, and without the other programmer saying a word, solve the problem.

Other programmers have been a valuable resource throughout my 54 + year career.
(Nov-24-2022, 03:59 AM)cnd Wrote: The best coders are ones who find out what they need by themselves, WITHOUT help, and learn tons of extra stuff along their discovery journey.

Not so.

One of the points of being alive, of being human, is the ability to be able to pass knowledge down, from generation, to generation, so that the next generation does not have to 'reinvent the wheel'.

If you can get by with no help from anyone, for anything, at any time, well good for you, but we are all of us, "standing on the shoulders of giants".
Sig:
>>> import this

The UNIX philosophy: "Do one thing, and do it well."

"The danger of computers becoming like humans is not as great as the danger of humans becoming like computers." :~ Konrad Zuse

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." :~ Albert Einstein

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mentor wanted EmilySenechal 2 2,501 Nov-23-2018, 10:35 PM
Last Post: ichabod801