Python Forum
Keyboard for coding (and general use)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keyboard for coding (and general use)
Although I have four computers on the go at any one time (one for my music and such, a server for obvious reasons, and one that displays some 'market' info) I use a Laptop that's on a floor stand and a wireless KB & Mouse combo, on my lap. I hate using the Laptop PC Keyboards of late; older ones where not too bad.

So, my KB & Mouse combo is this one: LT600 Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo

[this is not an advertisement, btw]

What do you use or what would you recommend, for coding?

I like my Langtu LT600, but it's not ideal.
Sig:
>>> import this

The UNIX philosophy: "Do one thing, and do it well."

"The danger of computers becoming like humans is not as great as the danger of humans becoming like computers." :~ Konrad Zuse

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." :~ Albert Einstein
I've had this for a few months now, and totally loving it:-

https://rog.asus.com/au/keyboards/keyboa...-ii-model/

I simply don't use the numpad, so didn't even connect it.. It's illuminated, so no probs finding what keys to use in the dark, the arrows are perfectly located, it's got all the important buttons for IDE's and all in the right places (pgup/home/end/etc), and it's got a ridiculously satisfying tactile click feeling without too much noise.

stupidly expensive unfortunately.

it shipped with one of those rubber wrist-rest things, which I'm using for the first time, and that too is especially awesome as well (since it's as wide as the whole kbd, but I don't have the numpad joined on, it's wider than the part I'm using, which is handy (pardon pun) since it extends past the left-edge of the kbd, where you tend to rest your hand when using "esc" and tab/shift-tab a lot.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Codementor For Free! General Coding Help For Free! Ordovic 0 1,988 Mar-13-2020, 04:14 PM
Last Post: Ordovic