Python Forum
Best Python course (internet or better software) for a unknowing. If possible German.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Python course (internet or better software) for a unknowing. If possible German.
Question 
Hello.

I hope this fits best in this forum, and not in "Tutorials".

I am looking for the best learning material for Python.
Gladly interactive.
If possible in German.
In my youth English was not taught from elementary school.
Or from birth, as it should be standard in developed countries.
I should focus on learning Python, not on the language in which it is taught.
Even German articles about learning Python practically only refer to English websites.
This is a pity.

What is the best way to start without getting discouraged quickly?
I have one or two ideas for small programs (*), which are certainly good practice material.
And I have a real interest in using them.
And there are no ready programs for these problems.
That should be very motivating.

If the learning program or course does not frustrate absolute noobs with no knowledge, I could also learn every day for 2, 4, 8, 12... hours.
The learning curve should not be too steep.

Thanks.

*)
1.a
Display the 50/50 distribution of a real random number generator (e.g. in the Raspberry PI) as a numerical value and percentage value over a certain period of time. E.g. 30s, 60s, 90s, 120s etc..
Comparable to the free offerings like "heads or tails" on Random (.org), but live (e.g. 4 times per second over 2min, 3min etc.), and with no limit on how often you can use it for free.
Also, it can be used mobile without internet.
1.b
Also display white noise as a sequence of images and as audio (separate source bits). Color depth, resolution and frame rate selectable.
Random allows only a certain number (per IP and day) of frames in B&W with a maximum of 300x300.
Example usage:
Citizen Science experiments to influence randomness by many viewers of a livestream.
I know that this is a taboo subject Silenced that triggers hatred. But I am so honest to mention this use.
I am a non-spiritual atheist, but not a materialist (dogma in physics).
I think it is legitimate to explore these things. Like Stanford, Princeton etc. universities for decades.
Thank you for your understanding.

Media player that plays audio, video and possibly images (x seconds) when a number is entered on a USB keypad. Submit with enter, or 2s of no entry.
Before and after black screen. Possibly screen turned off (save energy).
When a certain key is pressed and held, audio and video from a USB webcam is recorded, and stops when the key is released.
Usage: Simple battery powered media kiosk without touch screen to play media files given as numbers on a poster.
Like a "juke box". With the option to leave a video comment.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
I learnt Python 25 years ago by reading the official Python Tutorial. Obviously, it didn't discourage me as I'm still learning Python. Unfortunately, it doesn't exist in german, only spanish, french, japanese, portuguese, korean and chinese. I found a german translation for Python 3.3, which is already old, but together with the official english tutorial, it could be a starting point.

You must realize that the difficult part of learning a programming language is not the language itself. It is the large number of libraries that exist for this language. Each library is like a new micro-language to learn, and there are hundreds of them.

When learning Python, you will spend a lot of time learning what the functions in the Standard Library do, so here is its search page! Then you must also learn what external libraries related to your projects do. So start with small projects first.
Did you have any previous knowledge of other programming languages?
I have no knowledge of programming.
I think that makes a difference.
(Dec-29-2022, 02:39 AM)Tobias_Claren Wrote: Did you have any previous knowledge of other programming languages?
Yes, my first language was Pascal UCSD, then I learnt Fortran, C in the excellent book "A Book on C" by Al Kelley and Ira Pohl, then C++ and Perl and also some Lisp. At the time I learned Python, I also learned Java, a bit of OCaml, then C#.

A good way to start in programming is to solve programming exercises such as the 8 queens problem and the like. A search engine will find you plenty of Python exercises. It also works in german, search for Python Übungen and you'll find many of them. It is a playful way to learn programming. I still remember the exercises that I solved in Pascal UCSD...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Python software prathimarao 3 761 Oct-28-2023, 09:06 AM
Last Post: Gribouillis
  Software(Python) Installation. Navigate Refactor Run Tools VCS tab rgbrolly 3 2,627 Oct-19-2019, 08:09 PM
Last Post: buran
  Integration of Python with MatDeck software babicmatpy 4 4,168 Jun-30-2019, 06:34 PM
Last Post: babicmatpy
  How to create a New line in a Text block in Blender software using Python 3.7? starzar 0 4,708 Jun-08-2019, 08:27 AM
Last Post: starzar
  Package Update without Internet Access on Host pythonator 3 2,691 Mar-27-2019, 06:20 PM
Last Post: pythonator
  [Software suggestion] Video player written in Python? ThePhi 2 2,593 Dec-10-2018, 07:14 PM
Last Post: ThePhi
  Clone full Anaconda system to a PC without internet connection. Jstechg 3 9,518 Oct-24-2018, 07:41 AM
Last Post: Jstechg