Python Forum
Add data to CSV file via Python
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Add data to CSV file via Python
Hi there, I'm quite new in this field and I was wondering about the following issues:

I have a dataset to work with for a Machine Learning project. However, i've realised that this dataset contains only 2 columns of numerical values, which makes difficult to use it for Linear Regression (a part of the project). So I was wondering if it would be allowed to add additional values to the data by the given informations our would you proceed with the existing data and do you think 2 numerical values are actually enough for a proper linear regression analysis?
I've tried to add the additional values on excel list. So this dataset contains about 10'000 records and there are different subgroups for which I added numerical values to. So I filtered those data for the subgroups and added the value (which was consistent over the subgroups). Now I was wondering if this procedure would also be possible to do in Python environment? Or would you rather use Excel for it. What would you recommend and do you have any suggestions for python code to add data to a csv?
Thank you and kind regards - Anaconda23

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  how to handling time series data file with Python? aupres 4 3,028 Aug-10-2020, 12:40 PM
Last Post: MattKahn13
  Python numpy fft from data file magnet1 1 2,784 Feb-06-2020, 07:30 AM
Last Post: magnet1
  Extract data between two dates from a .csv file using Python 2.7 sujai_banerji 1 10,400 Nov-15-2017, 09:48 PM
Last Post: snippsat
  Problem of getting XLS file data into python klllmmm 3 15,255 Jan-19-2017, 08:59 AM
Last Post: klllmmm