Python Forum
can webflow be used as a front end?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
can webflow be used as a front end?
Hello,
I am looking to try and develop a webapp but I am new to branching outside of python.
Ive done a number of tutorials when it comes to flask and django, some fastAPI tutorials and such.
But since webflow is such a powerful wysiwyg resource, I was curious if I could design an interface using it and the CMS system as a database and rely on fastAPI entrypoints to drive webflow.

I was only able to get as fasr as having a webflow button run a curl command to post a json value.

Does anyone have experience with this or have tried it and know with certainty its not a smart approach?

looking for easy shortcut solutions for designing web interfaces that can connect to my server.
I know flask and react are popular. Are there resources to stand that up super quickly?

Thank you
It depends on what webflow let you export,if search Code export
webflow Wrote:On paid Workspace plans, you can export your site’s HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and assets from inside the Webflow Designer
So the design part should be ok,backend like database will not be exported .
So can add database later,eg i like Flask-SQLAlchemy.
I done many test with exiting templates sites and then plug in database to that code.
Thank you.
Thats good to know.
Would you happen to have any recommendations for channels on youtube or other resources to see that process in action? I am starting to just blindly google it.
Yes, you can definitely use Webflow for designing the user interface (UI) and FastAPI as the backend to handle the server-side logic and database interactions. This approach is often referred to as a "headless CMS" architecture, where the front-end (UI) and back-end (API) are decoupled, allowing you to use different tools for each part.

To achieve this, you can follow these steps:-

# Design the UI with Webflow
# Set Up FastAPI as the Backend
# Connect Webflow to FastAPI

Resources:-

1.> FastAPI Official Documentation
2.> Webflow Official Tutorials
3.> Webflow University
4.> React

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  flask, I want to send a json from the front end and update it to the postgresql DB wi passion044 1 4,064 Apr-12-2018, 08:40 AM
Last Post: thomasp
  Trying to use flask_login from front end with rauth rahul3103 1 3,556 Jan-08-2018, 11:04 AM
Last Post: SarbjitGrewal